Halo-Halo w/ All the Sighs
A
thread 1/2
This extends to race and disability. Why in the hell is a white man with a doctorate more of an exper on our lived experiences than...you know anyone who's lived that experience. Primary sources are essentially walking in front of you, yet you dismiss them because they don't fit your data profile.
Tynisa Woke Witch Gen X Walker @KalariGamerChic
Something that baffles me is weaponized social currency. Reputation given to those who just happen to be of a certain wealth/social status pushed as what we have to strive for. Some of the best souls ive ever met barely had two nickels to rub together. Wealth is a superficial measurement of worth.
03:09 PM - Jul 02, 2023
03:22 PM - Jul 02, 2023
EdwardA(callmeEd)Peterson
A
In response to Halo-Halo w/ All the Sighs.
It isn't right, but I think the idea is that the "expert" has a claim to objectivity. And also has studied what outside influences effect the situation.

It's bull stockings and is what led to the whole no-anesthesia-because-they-don't-feel-pain-anyway atrocity.
01:22 PM - Jul 03, 2023
Halo-Halo w/ All the Sighs
A
In response to EdwardA(callmeEd)Peterson.
Indeed. Among other things...

It's a weak claim to it though. They still will be with their own biases. The objectivity claim's about as Malarkey as the meritocracy one. This we both know, though.
01:44 PM - Jul 03, 2023 (Edited)
From NY to GA
A
In response to Halo-Halo w/ All the Sighs.
I’ve often wondered, at what point does the person who attained money and success, without an inheritance to get them started, forget what it felt like to struggle?
04:34 PM - Jul 02, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}