Bowerydoll
A
Happy heavenly birthday to a badass sister who blew the doors off punk rock in the 70's & became so beloved. She inspired me so much as a young punk of color trying to define myself in segregated Chicago. Miss you, Mar'🖐🏾💋❤💐🌺
#polystyrene
#XraySpex
#BlackSpoutible
#BIPOCSpoutible
#Punkrock
X-Ray Spex - Identity - YouTube

1978 Revolver Out-Take

04:47 PM - Jul 03, 2023
Ron
A
In response to Bowerydoll.
Hers was a beautiful soul. An icon!
01:30 PM - Oct 02, 2023
Bowerydoll
A
In response to Ron.
She sure was♥️♥️♥️I knew her in the 80's and early 90's. Such a sweet spirit. This world is darker without her dayglo light.
01:34 PM - Oct 02, 2023
Ellie Byrd
A
This is suuuuch an awesome song!!! I found a new genre to now hyper focus on!!! 70s British punk rock!!!
08:08 PM - Sep 02, 2023
Bowerydoll
A
In response to Ellie Byrd.
It's one of my BIG FAVES. The words speak volumes❤🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 X-ray Spex were such a great band!!!
08:23 PM - Sep 02, 2023 (Edited)
Captain_Democracy
A
Hell yeah.

Punk rock is one of, if not THE, best genre at expressing our rage against the system, against injustice, against societal bullshit.

She was ahead of her time & an awesome punk influence.
09:11 PM - Aug 08, 2023
Bowerydoll
A
In response to Captain_Democracy.
I cosign on your every word💪🏾💪🏾💥💥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
09:44 PM - Aug 08, 2023
Debora Iyall
A
Yes! Oh Bondage, up yours!
07:23 PM - Jul 27, 2023
Bowerydoll
A
In response to Debora Iyall.
Hey!!!! It's so good to see you here, sis!! I just did a spout to welcome you! I don't know if you remember me back on IG -- I wished you happy birthday a long while back and you were so sweet. I've loved your work for so damn long!! Welcome to the waters🖐🏾💙🐳🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊
07:34 PM - Jul 27, 2023
DJGaffney
A
Brings back memories. I was living in London in '78 when X-Ray Specs came on Top of the Pops to sing Germ-Free Adolescent. I was mesmerized.
04:57 PM - Jul 24, 2023
Bowerydoll
A
In response to DJGaffney.
That was such magic❤ I was in Chicago as a kid when that debut came out. The record store I hung out in turned me on to it and I was totally smitten. She inspired me so much in the racist scene I was dealing with. Getting to know her was such a blessing. She was a light. I miss her so much🔥
05:03 PM - Jul 24, 2023
Angie is Supercalifragilistic…
A
Oh wow, I hadn’t heard of her before. I wasn’t into punk rock but I’m glad to learn about her.
R.I.P. 🎶
12:14 AM - Jul 18, 2023
Bowerydoll
A
In response to Angie is Supercalifragilistic….
She was such a badass, sis🔥❤ She dealt with so much racism and rejection, but she kept standing strong, being herself, and claiming her space. She was such a sweet soul.
11:33 AM - Jul 18, 2023
Lee Frost
A
I haven't heard this in so long! One of my favorites when I was a little punk rocker back in the day. She was amazing.
01:34 PM - Jul 10, 2023
Bowerydoll
A
In response to Lee Frost.
💪🏾💪🏾❤❤❤❤🔥🔥🔥🧷🧷🧷💃🏿!!!!!!!!!!!
01:53 PM - Jul 10, 2023
NTropy Sellers
A
Gone far too soon. I don't know if she ever knew how inspiring she was.
10:21 PM - Jul 03, 2023
Bowerydoll
A
In response to NTropy Sellers.
I was blessed to know her. She had a sense about it, but I don't think she realized the worldwide impact she had on countless people -- especially punk girls/women of color. She was so humble & had trouble taking compliments. I miss her more than words. She had so many hopes and plans.
10:27 PM - Jul 03, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}