BrooklynDad _Defiant!
A
I often feel hopeless and powerless to stop the scourge of gun violence here in America. My efforts sometimes feel toothless and inconsequential.

But we can't stop.
We can't give up.
Our kids are counting on us.

BAN ASSAULT WEAPONS NOW.
09:21 AM - Feb 16, 2023
Mary Ohlson
B
In response to BrooklynDad _Defiant!.
AMEN!
08:28 AM - Aug 03, 2023
Kate ChinaKatWrites
A
Good to see you here! Keep posting!
09:25 PM - Aug 02, 2023
Gretchen Brahm
A
Yay, found you on this platform! Followed on the bird app, but am about to abandon that one for good.
11:16 PM - Feb 18, 2023
Andi Cougevan
A
Do we really have to wait until this two year House 💩show ends before we can have meaningful reforms?
10:45 PM - Feb 17, 2023
Susan Illings
A
I agree, our kids deserve better from us.
08:17 AM - Feb 17, 2023
Kathryn
A
01:31 AM - Feb 17, 2023
WindyCity Momma
A
Your efforts (and others like you) are what give me hope. Please don’t give up! ❤️🙏
05:23 PM - Feb 16, 2023
Andrea Saavedra
A
I am so glad to see @mmpadellan (Brooklyn Dad defiant) on #Spoutible we need to bring all the other big fighters for democracy over from the bird app!! #FuckElon #fuckTwitter
12:11 PM - Feb 16, 2023
Julaine Nickels
A
I feel the same way, and you are right! We absolutely cannot give up.
11:55 AM - Feb 16, 2023
Ocean Moon
A
As a retired educator, when nothing was done after Sandy Hook, I lost all hope. Last I was in the classroom, we were to huddle in a corner away from doors and windows. Sitting ducks. At least now it's changed to run, hide, fight.
11:54 AM - Feb 16, 2023
Eltee Ryan
A
I feel hopeless. Sad. Scared sometimes too. Every day it's a new shooting.
11:53 AM - Feb 16, 2023
Myke
A
The only thing we can do is keep convincing more people to #VoteBlue and eventually we will have the votes in DC and state houses to start #GunReformNow
11:51 AM - Feb 16, 2023 (Edited)
Arthur Grupp
A
Though there are too many guns out there already we can control and eliminate ammunition!
11:48 AM - Feb 16, 2023
Arthur Grupp
A
Our kids are the answer! Their disgust at the unconscionable inaction by congress i believe will lead to change. It’ll take time and that’s what’s so frustrating! ❤️💙✊🏻
11:44 AM - Feb 16, 2023
Chris OPW Live
A
I feel hopeless on a lot of issues, thanks for the encouragement
11:16 AM - Feb 16, 2023
Dianne Clarke
A
It is heartbreaking to learn that there are young people out there suffering through multiple school shootings. Money really rules the governing system in the US
11:05 AM - Feb 16, 2023
Noelle Palmer
A
Pressing on! Ban assault weapons now!
10:30 AM - Feb 16, 2023
Joseph Lane
A
As a Canadian from the outside looking in, the American addiction to guns makes no sense and frankly saddens me.
10:07 AM - Feb 16, 2023
Patricia George
A
We cannot give up. We need to elect Democrats.
10:03 AM - Feb 16, 2023
Trauma Epidemic
A
Social media is the 'hamster wheel' of public policy. We repeatedly and circularly express outrage while not putting similar time and thought into strategizing. No one is preventing us--except our conditioning, which *they* reinforce.
#OptionsThinking
{#id:96114#}
#BeTheChange
#LiveAndLearn
09:52 AM - Feb 16, 2023
Trauma Epidemic
A
In response to Trauma Epidemic.
Government functions at multiple levels in the US, from local up to federal, with multiple branches at most of those levels. As @mrskkim16 noted in her reply, opportunities already exist for shining the light (at least) on existing laws & practices. At the other end what can POTUS do via exec order?
09:55 AM - Feb 16, 2023
Jessica Bortman
A
The NRA was able to shift the narrative on guns over time. It can be shifted back. I think it is shifting back. It will likely take a generation because it will take a shift at SCOTUS.
09:51 AM - Feb 16, 2023
Kat K
A
Assault weapons ban is one piece, but another is enforcement of laws we already have. Highland Park shooter should have been barred from owning due to Red Flag Laws. Henry Pratt shooter his FOID card revoked, but weapons were never confiscated. All the $$$ on law enforcement, and we're failed again
09:46 AM - Feb 16, 2023
Steve Herzfeld
A
We have to keep advocating for an assault weapons ban.
If we win back the House, keep the White House & Senate in 2024, I think it's likely that we will have a federal assault weapons ban.
Republican trolls bombard me on Twitter, but I'll keep pushing for this.
09:41 AM - Feb 16, 2023
KY Katie L.
A
I feel that way because I am getting older and don't have much more energy to fight these battles again. But we can't give up. These kids deserve our fight.
09:36 AM - Feb 16, 2023
Greg Westbay
B
No one will do anything. GOP worships gun money. Dem leaders say they will make changes IF we get them more seats. Dem voters won't boycott, protest, or strike. I can't do a one man walkout, and VERY few seem to want to take action.
09:30 AM - Feb 16, 2023
Sacharitha Bowers
A
I feel this every day. Everyday when I say bye to my kids, my heart fills with heaviness of the thought that “will this be it?” . Every goddamn day. The helpless feeling is horrible.
09:28 AM - Feb 16, 2023
Zeketayler
A
Ernest Hemingway famously said, "The world is a fine place and worth fighting for."

I believe the world is worth fighting for.

#VoteBlue
09:27 AM - Feb 16, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}