Mary OContrary
A
Every bit of this thread.

Every. Single. Word.

Everyone who threw away their vote in 2016 and/or plans to throw away their vote in 2024 - even while fully understanding the potential repercussions - is responsible for what IS happening now and what WILL happen if we don't win in 2024.
HereForTHEEComments1 @HereForTHEEComments1
When Roe V Wade was overturned, Susan Sarandon said "Not My Fault". But she replied to a tweet Hillary made warning us about SCOTUS in 2106, and called her a FEAR MONGERER, told her she's disgusting for trying to create FEAR. I forgot NONE of them
02:38 PM - Jul 04, 2023
03:06 PM - Jul 04, 2023 (Edited)
Blaize19
A
In response to Mary OContrary.
The sheer, entitled privilege of choosing not to vote causes direct harm to me and mine, and to all the other marginalized groups. I was raised by literal blacklisted communists who never missed an election and voted blue every time because they'd survived what happens when you're not allowed to vot
03:07 PM - Jul 04, 2023 (Edited)
Mary OContrary
A
One of the most common dirty tricks played by the GOP is to mislead Dem voters - particularly marginalized groups - into believing Dems "aren't doing enough" to earn their vote. Sadly, many believed this in yrs past and became disenfranchised from voting at all. Now we're seeing the results of that.
In response to Blaize19.
03:16 PM - Jul 04, 2023
Jim Plunkett
A
The very concept of
"didn't earn my vote"
is deeply stupid

Voting is NOT a HS popularity contest
Voting is NOT purchasing a service

Voting IS a strategic decision about who can best manage resources & rules of our town/state/nation

No vote = a vote for your worst choice,
letting them win for free
01:29 PM - Jul 07, 2023
Blaize19
A
Yes. I know some. It's hard to undo the misinformation, too.
03:18 PM - Jul 04, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
In response to Blaize19.
Yes, it really is. I had an extensive conversation w/someone in this community in April. Nothing I said made any difference. She was insistent she will not vote in 2024. Unless and until Dems control the White House, the Senate, and the House of Representatives REAL change cannot happen.
03:21 PM - Jul 04, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}