Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 1/7
For nearly a year, we have observed individuals chasing after the next Twitter high. Initially, Mastodon seemed to be the promising choice. However, the initial excitement quickly faded. Then came Post News, which garnered significant attention from journalists who claimed it would be hard to beat.
07:08 AM - Jul 06, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 2/7
Then we introduced Spoutible. Unlike its predecessors, Spoutible never experienced a surge of hype or lofty expectations as the ultimate Twitter replacement. Nevertheless, we had a dedicated group of supporters, and our user base grew organically. We had periodic surges, but never succumbed to hype.
07:09 AM - Jul 06, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 3/7
The arrival of Bluesky sparked an overwhelming response, with notable figures like AOC and Stephen King joining. Due to the immense hype, many believed Bluesky could challenge Twitter's dominance. However, similar to the previous hyped apps, Bluesky eventually blended in as just another alternative.
07:10 AM - Jul 06, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 4/7
Now, Threads has emerged as the new Twitter killer. Spoiler alert; it's not. Threads is merely an extension of Instagram, and the current wave of hype mirrors what we've witnessed for almost a year. Once the novelty wears off, one quickly realizes that Threads is merely an Instagram extension.
07:11 AM - Jul 06, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 5/7
So, what is my point? The next Twitter will not emerge through hype. We often forget why Twitter became Twitter in the first place. For any platform to endure, it must first establish a foundation of devoted users and grow organically. The platform's culture ultimately determines its destiny.
07:11 AM - Jul 06, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 6/7
I genuinely appreciate that Spoutible was never swept up in the hype train because fads tend to die quickly. Without believers in your vision, persuading others to embrace it becomes challenging. Spoutible's core users believe in our mission to create a social media environment free from toxicity.
07:12 AM - Jul 06, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 7/7
We will continue to forge ahead, nurturing a community that extends beyond fleeting trends. Together, we will overcome any obstacles and continue building an inclusive and captivating community that fosters meaningful connections without toxicity.🐳💗
07:13 AM - Jul 06, 2023
WestCoaster
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
Worth rereading.
11:59 AM - Apr 27, 2024
LolaB
A
Slow and steady
12:47 PM - Jan 28, 2024
Kate Woods Walker
A
For the same reasons I once chose to rent in my little city's only multi-racial, multi-class neighborhood, I choose #Spoutible as my Twitter replacement. Best mix of people, fun, news and engagement. It's comfortable, informative and users are respected. What's not to like?
06:43 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Thomas A.
A
In response to Kate Woods Walker.
I couldn't agree more.
11:04 PM - Jul 09, 2023
chango369
A
I'm comfortable with a diversified approach consisting of nearly equal parts of Spoutible, Post, and Mastodon.

I think of it as a meta-federation atm.

I still haven't left Twitter entirely, largely out of being habituated.
06:31 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Dr Strange PhD, Cat Lackey
B
I'm really glad you started this. I look at Spoutible as a chance to build a new community - with some old friends. The Twitter debacle should tell all of us something about what we are to Twitter and Threads - we're product to be packaged and sold, and profit will always dictate how we're treated.
06:28 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Trussia
A
From what I gather, Threads uses an algorithm to feed you what IT THINKS you want. Thus it eventually SHAPES what you want. So Spoutible wins in that area IMO. Also, I like how I can follow something chronologically as it develops on Twitter. Threads doesn't have that. Plus no chat rooms.
05:53 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Matt Egan he/him/his
A
In response to Trussia.
So threads might be superficially different from Twitter and bluesky but essentially operates in an almost identical fashion then?
06:07 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Dan Wentzel
A
People forget that Twitter wasn't even Twitter as we knew it for years. I think Threads' overnight success is good for Spoutible. Once people try one Twitter alternative, they will be more likely to try others including this one. This is a long game.
05:16 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Utar Dolt
A
Spoutible is a good place, digital treadmill I am comfortable with. Twitter’s toxicity made change necessary but was sad to lose good friends. Tried mastodon, liked the international feel, the fractionation of different servers was its doom. Post is basically a pay as you go news server.
10:24 AM - Jul 06, 2023
Matt Egan he/him/his
A
In response to Utar Dolt.
Post is quite a bit different than that once you explore the platform and find the community outside of those who almost exclusively participate in the news fraction. I'll continue to use it when I need to write something significantly bigger than 300 characters, but will spend ~75% of SM time here
06:10 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Matt Egan he/him/his
A
In response to Utar Dolt.
I lost a few close connections to Twitter's incompetence and permissive attitude towards some truly horrific content. The video of the guy putting a live cat in a blender that found it's way to my feed, and the reactivation of 'childrapist' account come to mind. Its Rome under Nero, flailing now..
06:14 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Blaize19
A
All I can say is that, in the few days I've been active (although I've been following progress since the beginning), this is one of the most welcoming, least toxic places I've found on the internet.
09:59 AM - Jul 06, 2023
Matt Egan he/him/his
A
In response to Blaize19.
In all fairness, the Post community is great compared to other platforms, until you find your way here. At post, it takes some time to be truly welcomed by the larger community, while one is welcomed from their 1st "wow, my first spout" type posts. Post is a good platform, but it's no Spoutible ❤
06:18 PM - Jul 06, 2023
PS Annie
A
We asked for Twitter without Nazis. Spoutible is the only one that has the second part right. The rest will come. You and your team have done remarkable work here.
09:46 AM - Jul 06, 2023
Trussia
A
In response to PS Annie.
Once we can get rooms for organizing and private chats, this place will be great. Would love a way to find the candidates, journalists, scientists, historians, and writers I followed on Twitter.
05:56 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Matt Egan he/him/his
A
In response to PS Annie.
This is better that Twitter with no nazis, you control your own timeline, a singular feature among peer(?) platforms. All the rest have algorithms that largely control what ends up in your feed. There's nothing else quite like that. The community should be the real draw though, its entirely singular
06:21 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Honorary Doctor of Sass
A
Love @Spoutible Other platforms give me major anxiety and no interaction.

Here I’m calm and get a lot of interactions.
09:30 AM - Jul 06, 2023
Matt Egan he/him/his
A
In response to Honorary Doctor of Sass.
This is handily the friendliest platform in existence. I've tried all the other "Twitter alternatives", and with the exception of post for mostly news and writing multi-page pieces I link to Spoutible afterward, I found nothing with any appeal. I wanted a friendlier platform, this is the friendliest
06:29 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Drea
A
I’ve been across all (but Blue Sky), and I do mean all.

As an advocate for inclusion, that accessibility was a ground up priority here was appreciated. It’s not perfect, but I’m sure it will improve. It still makes this my first choice.
08:53 AM - Jul 06, 2023
Eve Waterman
A
Love Spoutible and I can’t even imagine how challenging it is to develop and launch such a great platform! Wondering if you have alerts on your list - this is a great feature and the one thing that keeps me opening the old platform when the people I follow post something. Thanks for all you do!
08:51 AM - Jul 06, 2023
KT (Kate) Grant
A
Spoutable has ruled them all.
08:32 AM - Jul 06, 2023
Jeff Nickles
B
I personally like what you and your team have built here. It feels the most like twitter (look and feel and usability) without the toxicity. Thank you for building it.
08:32 AM - Jul 06, 2023
Trust No One, Inc.
A
What did they 👇🏾 say...?
08:18 AM - Jul 06, 2023
Michelle Smith
A
Gotta admit, I like it. The big difference- the reason I was on Twitter is there- local news, sports, media….
08:16 AM - Jul 06, 2023
Reginald Capers
A
Spill appears to have a recent surge over the last week. Anytime I see mass waves of people running to new platforms at once, I'm hesitant.

It took me some time to put my toe in the Spoutible water and it's cool here, so I'm good.
07:21 AM - Jul 06, 2023
Nomad Road
A
In response to Reginald Capers.
Here's the thing. If Elon or Zuck can pull the plugs anytime they have a beef about something, or Russia's plants are proliferating and government is being pressured to stop public service work, we have to be diversified in communications as in a financial market.

Keep social media functional!
09:39 AM - Jul 06, 2023
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}