Marc Elias
A
Please read and share my latest on the obligation of the Supreme Court’s majority to maintain its own legitimacy.

"It is not the job of the dissent to make the majority opinion seem reasonable."
https://www.democracydocke...
08:02 AM - Jul 06, 2023
Robert Wheeler
A
In response to Marc Elias.
Eloquent and on point as usual Mr. Elias. Thank you for all you do.

Roberts knows the damage done. They stacked SCOTUS specifically to neutralize his ability to moderate the ultra conservative wing. He should be furious with his colleagues about the current, accurate, perception of illegitimacy.
11:00 AM - Jul 07, 2023
Rita Boone
A
You are the Don Quixote fighting windmills of our time, valiantly fighting for/defending our Democracy against illiberal authoritarian fascist forces in America! Democracy is messy but it is the only form of governance giving people a voice and stake in their future. It is worth fighting for! 👏👏👏
09:25 AM - Jul 07, 2023
Lisa Hajjar
A
Good piece. But I quibble with "Roberts is a brilliant jurist." As a non-lawyer (sociologist) who studies and writes about lawyers, while I was doing research for my book lawyers who led the fight against US torture post-9/11, I was baffled why some lawyers were polite and complimentary to other la
08:05 AM - Jul 07, 2023
Drummer Girl
A
In response to Lisa Hajjar.
Thank you!! That was the part that got under my skin, & the deference to that guy, it just seems like it's based on what you're supposed to do, not what is actually going on! I think he's still struggling with the disillusionment of the SC being as bad as it is! So glad he's writing abt it tho!
12:28 PM - Jul 07, 2023
Randall Krause
B
They don’t care about legitimacy. Only remaking the law.
07:05 AM - Jul 07, 2023
C suzie
A
Thanks you this was a great read
11:00 AM - Jul 06, 2023
Judith Olson
A
So true. Roberts can’t defend the indefensible. He seems to be happily oblivious to the damage the conservative wing has done to the legitimacy of SCOTUS
10:39 AM - Jul 06, 2023
Debbie Carlson
A
I have read and shared. As always, thank you for what you and your team does.
10:18 AM - Jul 06, 2023 (Edited)
NickLearnsStuff
A
I mean, they took up an entirely hypothetical case just so they could chip away at gay rights. How are we supposed to see that as anything but political?
09:35 AM - Jul 06, 2023
Deborah Rodeheaver
A
Happy to share. Thank you, Marc.
08:25 AM - Jul 06, 2023
Bev Turner
A
Thank you and your team for all that y'all do!
08:07 AM - Jul 06, 2023
Melissa Griffith ☕ aka Masker
A
In response to Bev Turner.
Im more concerned that Roberts doesn't care. He knows they have bigtime issues but instead writes these little defenses which are, frankly, garbage. He's the chief so the buck stops there. He's doing nothing to regain public trust.
08:19 AM - Jul 06, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}