Christopher Bouzy
A
I just went on the Bird app to tweet this. I don't know how people forgot about this.
SFDB @SFDB
This is actually the second try for Threads. The first launch crashed and burned in 2021.

"Instagram’s standalone messaging service Threads will cease to exist by the end of 2021, Meta has confirmed to TechCrunch."
10:22 AM - Jul 06, 2023
10:37 AM - Jul 06, 2023
Ipsita Chatterjea
A
I'm not on IG, won't be setting up #Threads .
If you are on #IG and are thinking about it, from bird app, via emilyhughes
I deactivated my threads account already but it turns out you can’t delete your threads account *without also deleting your Instagram account* so maybe just don’t sign up!
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
10:44 AM - Jul 06, 2023
Pamela Hilliard Owens
A
In response to Ipsita Chatterjea.
Companies do this all of the time. They release a product or app with just "the basics" to get it out there.
Then they add more features and also adjust things as glitches or errors show up and also in response to customer feedback.
01:29 PM - Jul 08, 2023
Pamela Hilliard Owens
A
Threads said it is working on that problem.
Just yesterday I taught my group of 60+ high school entrepreneurs about releasing an MVP, or Minimal Viable Product.
01:29 PM - Jul 08, 2023
Sal E
A
Oof.

I'm only really on IG to occasionally go watch aerial videos and stuff. I forget I have it for months at a time and then someone in my class tells me they've sent me 5 videos of stuff they think I should try. Oops.

Will NOT be signing up for Threads.
12:55 PM - Jul 06, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}