I Smoked Threads
A
Looked at threads. So far, this is still my favorite alternative. There are a lot of peope there since they could port over an entire IG audience but that's about it
09:49 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Dianne Davis
A
In response to I Smoked Threads.
This platform is a gift!
08:49 PM - Mar 22, 2024 (Edited)
Margaret (Peggy) Ann Alick
A
Threads is collecting a lot of personal information on people.
11:25 AM - Jul 17, 2023
Paula Beard
B
Encourage your followers to come here! I followed you on the dead bird!
11:17 PM - Jul 07, 2023
Honorary Doctor of Sass
A
I love you here 💗
11:11 PM - Jul 07, 2023
Tom Richardson
A
The most fun thing I saw about Threads was, you sign up, you need to use your instagram account, which you have been using (like me) since before Zuck decided to hoover it up, but if you've been careful it doesn't totally suck. If you want to delete your it you have to delete your Insta account.
12:41 AM - Jul 07, 2023
Kene Okpareke
A
Unpopular opinion: Spoutible needs some kind of algorithm to compete and capture more users. I like that this platform is less toxic than the alternatives, but I'd also like my feed to contain things I'm interested in.
11:59 PM - Jul 06, 2023 (Edited)
Scott Gill
A
I completely agree.

What I do love about Threads is that it has enraged Elmo to no end. In that regard, I wish them well.

My meme contribution on this issue:
11:05 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Allwftopic
A
In response to Scott Gill.
Same!!! 48 million (not me) have already signed up and there's not a damn thing he can do about it. According to this article, even White House staffers and reporters have begun signing up especially after Elon Musk killed Tweetdeck.
11:27 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Ashley Minor
A
In response to Scott Gill.
😁😁😁🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊
06:54 PM - Jul 07, 2023
Robert Voss
A
Yea. I feel like it will fizzle and fade. Spoutible is a real social network with some pretty good people sharing ideas and perspectives. I’m proud to be part of the 1st wave and amazed what Cbouzy has created.
10:50 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Matthew Clayton
A
Avoiding Threads and BlueSky like the plague. I’m trying to detox from the bird app completely.
10:46 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Kizer Fran
B
Who would trust Facebook with your data. And I’m pretty sure the bots will be over that site the same as twitter
10:41 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Skip Webb
A
It's like the 1st day of school, and no one knows where their classes are, everyone just wandering the halls aimlessly.
10:37 PM - Jul 06, 2023
FranFromLA
A
When will people learn that rich guys who steal the work of others then take credit for it are NOT who you should be supporting.
10:18 PM - Jul 06, 2023 (Edited)
Kiril
A
I still think it's all about waiting for a critical mass to be achieved here before it becomes my go to, simply because I use Twitter as an aggregator more than a platform for interaction. But there are some actual top rate accounts here that have me checking every day, so that's progress.
10:08 PM - Jul 06, 2023
ميجان the Librarian
A
It IS nice to see my Twitter friends but then there are thousands of thirsty influencers who are so annoying
10:07 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Chris Beehler
A
It's a weird mix of my Insta people and my Twitter people... not necessarily the same audience 😬
09:57 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Allen Bar
A
It's why I'm not interested. Just another billionaire funded corporate enterprise that the MSM is shamelessly promoting because MSM always assumes that the richer you are, and the more high profile you are, the more worthy you are of media coverage.
09:55 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Pammy D
A
Spoutible is it for me!! Threads opens up a portal to my IG!! I have it locked for a reason. No need to play with fire now!!
09:55 PM - Jul 06, 2023
TheForty(3)YearOldXennial (he/him)
A
Most of my followed accounts there are those of cats. I notice a few from here like Fugelsang as well and MST3K is on there so that's nice.

I'm still infiltrating by spreading the word about how Zuckerturd is no better because I'm gangsta like that.
09:53 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Ang Darkstar
A
Spoutible is where it's at!
I hope you stay. It's awesome here. You fit right in.
09:52 PM - Jul 06, 2023
MriyaMog
A
Heard the thr**ds App is a big data harvesting machine...
09:52 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Suzanne Chowla
A
In response to MriyaMog.
Definitely is. Meta/Zuck are notoriously untrustworthy with personal data (violate their own privacy policies, e g. the Cambridge Analytica data sieve debacle that was a mechanism of foreign election interference that was shown to have helped Trump get elected). That alone is damning & unforgivable.
10:56 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Ree Anonymous
A
Mine too. I don't think I'm going to even try Threads. Don't trust Zuck anymore than Elon.
09:51 PM - Jul 06, 2023
AlwaysThinkHow
A
In response to Ree Anonymous.
Same here. I refuse to us Spybook so I expect Threads to be the same bs.
10:19 PM - Jul 06, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}