Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 1/2
You don't see it happening because an add-on app to another app launched two days ago, and you think that everything else is now irrelevant? Good luck with Threads, but the hype will quickly fade. I remember the hype when Google+ launched, and how is that going?

This spout was deleted.

08:30 AM - Jul 07, 2023 (Edited)
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 2/2
Some people don't realize Threads isn't a separate service from Instagram, so the numbers are misleading. New users will first need to install Instagram and then install Threads. That will quickly become an issue. Then there is the issue with Threads not being available in certain parts of Europe.
08:35 AM - Jul 07, 2023
Nicole Kowalski
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
Spent some time on Threads and in about six weeks have been limited THREE TIMES due to some innocuous posts. Never happened to me here or on Twitter.
Threads is about selling shit, like instagram. And trends.
They actively discourage political discourse and news.
They ain’t it.
02:01 PM - Nov 21, 2023
Kos
A
Why would I need Threads when I've got Spoutible? :)
02:31 PM - Nov 05, 2023 (Edited)

Only followers of this user (RainbowChazer) can see their posts

DJohnRowinski
A
I've already grown fond of people I have interacted with on this site. I don't need to open another social media account only to forget the damn password
10:52 PM - Jul 07, 2023
Peggy
A
I also saw where if you delete your Threads account you have to delete your Instagram account with it. That seems so shady to me.
12:14 PM - Jul 07, 2023
Shai
A
In response to Peggy.
Yep since it's seen as an add-on rather than it's own service. You can deactivate, but you cannot outright delete unless you want to get rid of your Instagram account.
05:58 PM - Jul 11, 2023
♿ ♀️ Laura Durnell
A
I read that if one starts a Threads account then later deletes it, it will also automatically delete an existing IG account. No thank you. I'm happy here.
12:10 PM - Jul 07, 2023
Martin O'Brien
A
Multiple issues with it so I'm not signing up to it.

-You can't delete Threads without deleting your Instagram account.
- No real customer support as it's Meta, my FB account was hacked last month that I'd had since 2005 & nothing I can do about it.
- They'll take no action on spam like Insta.
11:09 AM - Jul 07, 2023
Carlotta Berry
A
In response to Martin O'Brien.
Instagram already has the worst SPAM DM's of all social media apps so no thank you to Threads
07:26 PM - Jul 07, 2023
Daniela_Stallinger
A
The thing I like about Threads is that it shows how ridiculous Musk and Zuckerberg are and their childish behavior, add Jack Dorsey to that group, their tit for tat yesterday says it all
09:45 AM - Jul 07, 2023
Portia McGonagal
A
It's also being reported that if you choose to delete (vs deactivate) your Threads account, your Insta account goes poof too.
09:35 AM - Jul 07, 2023
Rachel Kovarsky
A
In response to Portia McGonagal.
I’ll never join Threads. My IG was compromised which led to my 9 yr FB account to also be hacked. FB never helped me get my account back.
09:41 PM - Jul 07, 2023
Shai
A
In response to Portia McGonagal.
That's true bc it's an add-on, not an individual app. So some people are creating new Instagram accounts (like shell accounts) just to use Threads so it's not directly tied to their main stuff.
06:00 PM - Jul 11, 2023

Only followers of this user (April_Sparkles) can see their posts

Lisse (she/her)
A
In response to April Sparkles.
I love #TeamPraisin’Raisins 💛! And consider my community the best place period! Because it is just that…A COMMUNITY!

This was not a paid endorsement for #raisins or #Spoutible 🐳 . I love them both 💛! 😆
01:45 PM - Jul 07, 2023
Josol
A
In response to April Sparkles.
Wise as always… @April_Sparkles 💙
10:04 PM - Jul 07, 2023 (Edited)
Caeso_K
A
And people are already leaving Threads because it is not what they expected. I'm no expert, but it appears to be just another platform designed to collect data.
08:42 AM - Jul 07, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}