Khrissy Choate
A
In solidarity with Sen. Fetterman checking himself in for treatment for clinical depression, I’m starting #ItsOkToAskForHelp here on #Spoutible . I was diagnosed with clinical depression at 17, along with PTSD, and generalized anxiety disorder. I got help. #PleaseEcho
03:09 PM - Feb 16, 2023 (Edited)
Diane Pinkerton
A
In response to Khrissy Choate.
Respect for Senator Fetterman for taking care of himself.
#ItsOkToAskForHelp #NoStigma #mentalhealth
01:11 PM - Mar 05, 2023
Deborah Rodeheaver
A
01:42 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Mask Wearing Amy
A
Good for you for talking about this openly. You are helping others seek treatment who wouldn't have otherwise, you and Sen. Fetterman.
03:26 PM - Feb 18, 2023
brendaferber
A
Mental healthcare is healthcare. If you're in crisis and a phone call seems too stressful, text 741741 to get in touch with a volunteer crisis counselor. You might end up chatting with me!
09:41 AM - Feb 18, 2023
South Cackalacky Scholar
A
I suffered my first episode of suicidal/homicidal thoughts when I was six. And they arrived like clockwork pretty much every decade after. I survived to this age (65) & am thriving because of psychotherapy, 12 step programs, & caring understanding friends. #ItsOkToAskForHelp
08:23 AM - Feb 18, 2023
Janet Harrison
A
Many people recover from depression, but some do not and they struggle for a lifetime. Let's not forget them.
08:07 AM - Feb 18, 2023
South Cackalacky Scholar
A
In response to Janet Harrison.
Depression is a vampire. Once allowed into the house it’ll drain your life force. And you can recover only to find yourself facing it down again a few years down the road…
08:25 AM - Feb 18, 2023
Khrissy Choate
A
In response to Janet Harrison.
I’m not “well” by any means. I’ll have PTSD for the rest of my life. I’ve been lucky enough to not need therapy or medication to treat my depression for some years. I realize not everyone can be free of needing medication or therapy.
12:17 PM - Feb 18, 2023
Janice Mac
A
I went looking for help, very early on in my life. Ended up with an MSc degree and a license to provide psychotherapy. Great journey I have been on. Best thing I ever did for myself.
It can always get better. Start by knowing... #ItsOkToAskForHelp
04:57 AM - Feb 18, 2023 (Edited)
Cindy Crum
A
Done!
04:41 AM - Feb 18, 2023
James Waldron
B
I treated my depression with alcohol and illicit drugs for over 2 decades. I was 12 years clean/sober before seeking treatment for my depression/anxiety. I’m taking medication now as prescribed without fail and working on my mental health as if my life depends on it. Because it does!!

#ItsOkToAsk
11:27 PM - Feb 17, 2023
Peg Franklin
A
Time to stop shaming people who need therapy for mental issues!
11:13 PM - Feb 17, 2023
DewdropSpouts
A
Thank you for shining a light on this. I admire & respect Sen Fetterman’s courage so much. He’s lighting the path for others. #ItsOkToAskForHelp
#depression #mentalhealth
09:28 PM - Feb 17, 2023
Eve Mahoney
A
Done, Khrissy. Too many suffer in silence.
10:43 PM - Feb 16, 2023
Brehon
A
My mother had depression and it sucked the joy out of her life. I respect Fettermen so much for publicly dealing with it. It takes true courage.
10:30 PM - Feb 16, 2023 (Edited)
Kinzie Mat
A
In response to Brehon.
11:13 PM - Feb 17, 2023
David Zaber
A
I have had depression off and on since highschool. Figured out it was seasonal and using a lightbox changed things.

Bright light therapy is a lifesaver.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.g...
03:36 PM - Feb 16, 2023
Al Gray
A
I been dealing with Mental health issues for over 25 years. Getting help when help is needed is the right thing to do and every human being will support you.
03:34 PM - Feb 16, 2023
Angel None
A
Praying for him!
03:28 PM - Feb 16, 2023
Deanna (@LadyDi) of Love Wins Movement
A
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
03:22 PM - Feb 16, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}