Christopher Bouzy
A
All the people who were acting like Threads was the second coming of Christ are getting a wake-up call.
05:52 PM - Jul 07, 2023
wordworkin
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
And sometimes girls just wanna have fun!
10:22 PM - Oct 07, 2023
2PupsMommy
A
An uninformed populace is an easily controlled populace.
03:54 AM - Jul 08, 2023
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
I just can't with any of these "things" not an original idea among them. Grifters, liars, cheats, stealers. Bah! Humbug to all of them.

This is the place, Spoutible is what social media should be.

Not a place that spoon-feeds you garbage, steals your data and makes feel unsafe and abused.
10:39 PM - Jul 07, 2023
Michelle Powers
A
I get it, fascists want safe spaces. All the spaces. Twitter aggressively advocated for this. Facebook is pretty-ing it up, but the same result. Limit information and fragment community. Curious to see how Qanon gets treated.
10:38 PM - Jul 07, 2023
David Binkowski
A
This has always been a data play: Find the people most likely to talk about your brand. This is how they monetize while staying away from politics while hurting brands. Affiliate links incoming.
10:28 PM - Jul 07, 2023 (Edited)
AJazzy Writer
A
Wow
07:51 PM - Jul 07, 2023
Catherine B
A
Is it dumbing down of society or is it "creating" a "politics free" space?? 🤔 Unfortunately in this day and age we can never be fully politics free, so what's the point of Threads as an app?? 🤔
07:33 PM - Jul 07, 2023
Thunderschnozzle
A
TL;DR: moderating is hard so I'm just gonna
07:17 PM - Jul 07, 2023
Emily Suess
A
This just reads to me like they thought it was getting too hard to monetize actual information.
06:34 PM - Jul 07, 2023
Suzanne Chowla
A
In response to Emily Suess.
...and actual interactions of any substance are just way too messy & fraught to trouble our pretty little heads about. 🙄

This is dumbing-down on steroids.

This is the purpose-built bullet train to willful ignorance of all matters of substance.

Really *quite creepy*. 🤔
06:48 PM - Jul 07, 2023
Amy Magnus
A
clear as mud

I'd understand this move more if it was about embedded hot takes...

...that is, replacing twitter references in online articles.
06:23 PM - Jul 07, 2023
D.P. Stalnaker
A
And yet NPR News just joined Threads, CBS News too. So, things change.
06:15 PM - Jul 07, 2023
Anastasia Joy
A
I saw that. I don't have time to waste on "fashion, beauty, entertainment" etc & I've long wished for an app that would block all sports posts. My interest in most sports is zero.
06:06 PM - Jul 07, 2023
Jade In NM
A
Am reminded of the George Carlin book and bit about people wanting to know when is Jesus bringing the pork chops....
06:08 PM - Jul 07, 2023
BTSdaily7 (sporadic;)
A
IG: how dare people hear truth and make time to vote when we’ve got lifestyles you’ll never have that we need you to aspire to so no one gets elected that will hold us accountable! Meantime, here’s another ad for “supplements” followed by (expensive car, jewelry and fast food!)
05:57 PM - Jul 07, 2023
Suzanne Chowla
A
In response to BTSdaily7 (sporadic;).
06:07 PM - Jul 07, 2023
Anastasia Joy
A
In response to BTSdaily7 (sporadic;).
In fact, my biggest gripe here right now is that the Ohio Issue 1 election will literally decide whether Ohio is a democracy and it's got 120K posts on Twitter, a handful here. Anyone Ohioans wasting time on fashion, beauty etc are slitting their own throats.
06:07 PM - Jul 07, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}