Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 1/6
You just exited a 17-year toxic relationship with Twitter, and your friends convinced you to start dating again. One of your friends introduced you to Mastodon, and you went out on one date. Mastodon was too techie, and you spent the entire evening not understanding WTF Mastodon was talking about.
09:53 AM - Jul 08, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 2/6
Then you went out with Post News from work. Post News was polite, and you went out on a few dates, but Post News was a bit too cerebral for you. You had in-depth conversations, but Post News talked a lot about work, and after a while, it started getting boring. So you moved on after a few weeks.
09:54 AM - Jul 08, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 3/6
When you were at a friend's beach party, you met Spoutible. You and Spoutible exchanged numbers, and you really liked Spoutible. Spoutible checked all the boxes and made you feel safe. However, you just got out of a 17-year relationship and were not ready to commit. You were exploring your options.
09:55 AM - Jul 08, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 4/6
Out of the blue, Bluesky asked you out on a date. Bluesky is good friends with Twitter, and you were conflicted. Bluesky is a lot like Twitter because they grew up together on the same block. You like Bluesky, but you are worried Bluesky will disappoint you like Twitter, so you keep your distance.
09:56 AM - Jul 08, 2023 (Edited)
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 5/6
Then you meet Threads, and wow, you were swept off your feet. Threads knew everyone and was wild at parties. You felt seen when you were out with Threads. The sex was also amazing. But after a month of dating, you realized Threads had very little substance. You connected physically but not mentally.
09:57 AM - Jul 08, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 6/6
Sitting home bored, you texted Spoutible to meet for drinks. You forgot how safe Spoutible made you feel and the fun you had. You started seeing more of Spoutible, and eventually, y'all started dating exclusively. It took time for you to realize you had already found what you were looking for.
09:57 AM - Jul 08, 2023

Only followers of this user (ubikwitus6) can see their posts

Carl AKA Videlsports
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
Glad to be on the Whale. I followed you for awhile on the bird and Bot Sentinel is so helpful. Not only that but a cool world perspective. I do have an account at Mastodon but it does feel techie. The whale feels familiar, cool and less toxic. Looking forward to Spoutable growing.
05:07 PM - Oct 04, 2023
Angela Grattan
A
The hubs tried Mastodon and Post, I noped hard on BlueSky and Threads. I haven't closed my account but plan to on the bird, no longer see the point. Love the calm waters here. Thank you!
11:30 AM - Jul 10, 2023
Michelle Horrocks
A
The friend tried to introduce me to Mastodon. Got a big nope because I had heard all about that one. Post seemed nice but too intense. It is fun, however, to drive by Twitter and watch the implosion. Limiting views. Whatever. Threads is a big nope.

Spoutible felt safe from the start.
12:21 AM - Jul 10, 2023
Ramsey, Queen of Popcorn®
A
Some of us knew from the first date @Spoutible was the one!

It was unexpected, and we were nervous, but we felt safe enough to jump in, splash around, and never look back.

Home is home & Love is Love!

🧜🏾‍♀️ 🐳 🍓
05:53 PM - Jul 09, 2023
Mlb Anx
A
In response to Ramsey, Queen of Popcorn®.
Yes. I always knew.
10:39 PM - Aug 20, 2023
Sunny Treasures
A
These scenarios are on point
09:18 AM - Jul 09, 2023
Here I Am
A
11:18 PM - Jul 08, 2023
Archie Leach
A
Perfect description.
10:18 PM - Jul 08, 2023
The Rodent
A
Thanks. I also actually like #Mastodon and find it easy with a nice interface... So, yeah, I've been 2-timing y'all for a couple of months now. Turns out I've stumbled over more people on #Spoutible who want to follow my rodential antics. Who knows what the future holds...
06:23 PM - Jul 08, 2023
Susan A. Kitchens
A
In response to The Rodent.
Same. Post on mastodon and Spoutible.
Dream about possibilities of ActivityPub, and federation.
Like the interaction on Spoutible. A lot.
Lurk on twitter still. Yeah I know.
But where I regularly post? Two places. Wooly Mammoth and Whale.
05:50 PM - Jul 09, 2023
Jean Lewis Roché
A
👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽
05:04 PM - Jul 08, 2023
Indigo
A
Excellent🧵. Love the analogy of a user's experience with a sm platform to a person's experience in the dating world. ☺️👏🏾🙌🏾👍🏾
04:49 PM - Jul 08, 2023
Josie Villa
A
I also tried Mastodon and Post, just could not get into it, I enjoy Spoutible when I am able to spend time on line. I still do Twitter occassionly and only go to my List set up but I only read, I do not like or post at all.
02:15 PM - Jul 08, 2023
Andrea Rogers
A
I love this. All my writing friends are jumping to threads or Blue sky. But what we are missing in this current timeline is safety and community. Community does not build itself. So, I’ll just hang. Keep checking in. Put this on my webpage.
01:30 PM - Jul 08, 2023
Amy Hallberg
A
In response to Andrea Rogers.
I so relate to this. I’m on Threads now but it’s a lot of swirling energy, and I wonder if it’s always going to feel that way. I don’t want random fabulousness. I want grounding and solid context.
01:55 PM - Jul 08, 2023
Pamela Hilliard Owens
A
Even before Muskie, I made a "Favorites" list on Twitter that has about 350+ people and orgs I want to follow. I don't see any of the "bad stuff" on Twitter unless one of my Favs retweets it.
I mostly just read. Rarely respond. I'm not important enough to be hassled.
I'm active on IG for my biz.
12:51 PM - Jul 08, 2023
HumTeach
A
In response to Pamela Hilliard Owens.
Ditto - I use a few lists split by subject, but I wouldn't touch the home page feed.

When everyone started complaining about what they were or weren't seeing on Twitter, I was shocked.

Why doesn't everyone use it that way? Do they really want to deal with every creep on the block?

Weird.
01:47 PM - Jul 08, 2023
Pamela Hilliard Owens
A
This is excellent. I signed up for Mastodon when it first started, but even though I consider myself a mid-level techie, it was too much work to find the right "space." I never went back.
12:49 PM - Jul 08, 2023
💜 Callie 💜
A
You know what they say:

“Once you go Spoutible, it’s undoubtable”

😜
12:35 PM - Jul 08, 2023
Mo Latno Bill Phelan
A
Wait, what?!? You aren’t threatening to sue? No reposting conspiracy theories about satanic logos. No cerebral tantrums with your brother Sky? 🤣
11:51 AM - Jul 08, 2023
Ann Draulans
A
LOVE IT!!! 😍

And also 😂🤣😂
11:36 AM - Jul 08, 2023
Ale Am
A
It's a really well painted picture and quite vividly represents what is happening right now. Many of us have been fortunate enough to almost meet Spoutible on a first date and so far it seems like a serious and stable relationship that wants to lay the groundwork for a future. Thanks Christopher 🐳
11:21 AM - Jul 08, 2023
Sybil (like the movie)
A
To be honest, I hate dating.
11:18 AM - Jul 08, 2023
Tim Seamon Jr.
A
I enjoyed reading the thread. Very entertaining indeed.
11:14 AM - Jul 08, 2023
Diana Vaniotis
A
LoL--so true!
11:13 AM - Jul 08, 2023
smallerdemon
A
In all seriousness, don't be a jerk about these amazing non-corporate social media instances that are flourishing - everything doesn't need to privatized and monetized and profited from or run by one guy's whims no matter how benevolent they believe they are
11:09 AM - Jul 08, 2023
smallerdemon
A
"too techie" doesn't apply to those of us that are enjoying our time away from the "endless September" - if you can't understand Mastadon because it's "too techie" then you may not want to admit that... but then again, most people couldn't tell you the storage location of a single file they use
11:07 AM - Jul 08, 2023
Lynn From_OK
A
In response to smallerdemon.
I didn't find Mastodon "too techie." Once you're signed up it's as easy as any other site. What turned me off was the community. Not much conversation, just the "old-timers" lecturing at "newbies" and endlessly repeating "this is not Twitter" without really being helpful.
12:01 PM - Jul 08, 2023
Allwftopic
A
In response to smallerdemon.
The problem with Mastadon is that it's like a mall that's requiring you to sign up to each department store in order to get in. No one has time for all that. They could have been the Twitter winner. Their visual interface is set up nicely, but the platform itself is way too hard to navigate.
12:31 PM - Jul 08, 2023
Vaughn Cooper
A
And then you remember Threads toxic history of manipulating people in past relationships from its Facebook-Cambridge Analytica days and wonder if it can be trusted ever again.
11:02 AM - Jul 08, 2023
EveyJo Sils
A
Thankyou and true!
10:54 AM - Jul 08, 2023
Mo Latno Bill Phelan
A
Very fun read.

We are currently toggling between Spoutible, Twitter and Threads. Not posting a whole lot, just taking in and comparing the vibes. Very close to breaking up with Twitter for good. It’s been 14 years so kind of hard. But think it’s time.
10:52 AM - Jul 08, 2023
Bryan Boyne
A
Thank you for your twitter post. Decided I would date spoutible!
10:48 AM - Jul 08, 2023

Only followers of this user (JamiLeeD) can see their posts

Wireless Folks
A
I just finished reading the first thread and I am laughing hard. Let me continue to all 6 of them.
10:40 AM - Jul 08, 2023
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}