bruno_j_navarro
A
A group of congressional Democrats reported Wednesday that tax preparation firms H&R Block, TaxAct and TaxSlayer sent “extraordinarily sensitive” information on tens of millions of taxpayers to Facebook parent company Meta over the course of at least two years.

https://apnews.com/article...
10:35 AM - Jul 12, 2023
Terminator LX
A
In response to bruno_j_navarro.
This is why I've hated FB with the heat of 1000 suns since day 1. Before FB, people didn't share every damn thing online and preserving our anonymity was a good thing. I kept warning people this is where we were headed--anybody including gov & big biz knowing everything about us & we have ∅ control.
06:12 PM - Apr 08, 2024
Jeannine Muthig
A
Why? And how the hell do they get away with this?? meta has to lay.
05:56 PM - Apr 08, 2024
Klobby L
A
Link didn't work...try this:
https://apnews.com/article...
01:37 PM - Jul 12, 2023
Catherine B
A
TurboTax, Tax Slayer, H&R Block, all have had various scandals regarding losing sensitivile information in the last decade. There isn't much most working class folks can do. Whose got money to go to a real accountant when they barely make 30K a year.
01:11 PM - Jul 12, 2023
Absurd Dad
A
☝🏼☝🏼☝🏼This is why I have a real accountant prepare my taxes...
12:14 PM - Jul 12, 2023
Fola Olu
A
Prime example of why I as a tax payer should not have to use a 3rd party to do my taxes. Bring back the paper form.
11:49 AM - Jul 12, 2023
RachelCobaltBlue
A
This is the same old playbook from facebook/cambridge analytic, whoops, I mean threads.
11:15 AM - Jul 12, 2023
Drummer Girl
A
In response to RachelCobaltBlue.
Right? Ppl are apparently flocking to the new site who's parent, takes every part of your life & sells it/monetizes it & shares it. Shown to be true, continues to provide evidence of how bad this is, & yet... instantaneous follows I guess is enough to sell out yourself. Amazing, sad & a bit scary!
12:04 PM - Jul 12, 2023
Used ToBeGop
B
WHAT TF???
11:14 AM - Jul 12, 2023
Yimi_Kyrabo
A
It’s really an incredible story. The for profit, clear the way let us make as much profit as possible, model, is killing America, among other things. In the name of freedom and free-commerce, regulation suffers. And when regulation suffers, so does the masses.
11:13 AM - Jul 12, 2023
Eve_Gadgets
A
The program collected information on taxpayers’ filing status, income, refund amounts, names of dependents, approximate federal tax owed, which buttons were clicked on the tax preparers' websites and the names of text entry forms that the taxpayer navigated, the report states.
11:08 AM - Jul 12, 2023
Mlb Anx
A
And yet folks are joining threads 🤷🏽‍♀️
10:39 AM - Jul 12, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}