Robert Reich
A
It's not often I get personal on my Substack but I felt compelled to share with you the story of my condition.

Throughout my childhood, I endured relentless mockery due to this condition, which ultimately played a transformative role in shaping my identity today.
07:06 PM - Jul 12, 2023
Ethan Sinnott
A
In response to Robert Reich.
I tell people, it’s not about the height, and all about the quiet confidence.
04:44 PM - Jul 19, 2023
Rebecca Mauk
B
In all things that matter, you are a giant among men ♥️
06:46 PM - Jul 18, 2023
Lee Dawnwalker Baron
A
Thanks for your words about being short. I come from short parents. I'm a hair under 5 feet. I too got jokes about being short, sometimes still do. I tell folks, "I'm not short, you're abnormally tall." Also, brainy people rock!🤘
06:29 PM - Jul 18, 2023
Danielle DuGré
A
As one of 7 sisters, the tallest maxing out at 5’-0” I always felt average. The outside world tried to disavow me of this perception, but with no success. I remind myself that Simone Biles is 4’-9” and one of the most impressive human on the planet..
06:13 PM - Jul 18, 2023
Roxy Meloni
A
My whole family and extended family are under 5'4". I am happy with my towering 5'2" height and always thought it was normal. I prefer brainy men about my height so I can look them in the eye. You are an amazing person. I adore you more knowing you aren't tall.
03:46 AM - Jul 15, 2023
MaggieMae
A
Thank you for sharing a bit of your fascinating life. I too am vertically impaired. However, I decided long ago to move forward instead of upward. To paraphrase Maya Angelou… Nothing can dim our light which shines from within! Take care, and thank you for your endless words of wisdom and wit! 🐳🩵
03:12 PM - Jul 13, 2023
Brian Macaluso
A
Sir, your "stature" as a great American cannot be overstated. Loved your essay. Thank you for your service.
11:42 AM - Jul 13, 2023
Phred
A
Thank you for your kindness. ❤️❤️
I cringe when I see others making fun of body parts on (and off) of social media.
09:58 AM - Jul 13, 2023
Blessing Fowobaje
B
You have passed through a lot but thanks to God Almighty for preserving you till this present moment
04:29 AM - Jul 13, 2023
Roberta Calm-in-the-storm
A
Thank you for sharing this. I’m the shortest person in my family but still love who I am.
10:02 PM - Jul 12, 2023
Stig & The Grumble
A
I sometimes wish I hadn't had that growth spurt. I went from 5'2" in Sophomore year to 6'2" in Senior. It destroyed my knees with adult Osgood-Schlatter disease. One tap on a coffee table and I am pretty useless for a week. Snap-crackle-pop going up/down stairs. Sometimes they bend sideways.
09:35 PM - Jul 12, 2023
Mary Becker
A
Thank you. You always provide a good read.
09:14 PM - Jul 12, 2023
Mac McIntosh
A
What a great read! I didn't know of your condition, but who cares about height? Not me. My college roommate, whom I hadn't, met until the day I moved into our dorm, had something similar, and was never more than 4' tall. She eas one of the best humans I've ever known! Loved her dearly.
08:42 PM - Jul 12, 2023
WestCoaster
A
Being 4'11'" myself, I can relate. It's easier for a woman, but still the endless, repetitive jokes. In a meeting: "Stand up. Oh, you ARE standing up." It is so tedious. Thank you for persevering regardless!
07:29 PM - Jul 12, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}