Jay Carpenter🎸🎶
A
thread 1/10
New Thread 🧵🧵
For new users, my thoughts and how I use Spoutible.
11:00 AM - Jul 14, 2023 (Edited)
Jay Carpenter🎸🎶
A
thread 2/10
This is the way:
Your timeline is your own creation there is no algorithm so you need to
Follow, Spout, Echo, Quote Spout & Follow back. You will find like minded followers this way and your timeline will grow. I have been here since early March have 1800+ followers and a AMAZING timeline.
11:02 AM - Jul 14, 2023
Jay Carpenter🎸🎶
A
thread 3/10
It works!
The whole idea is about engagement. The more you engage the more diverse your timeline and you will find more follows and followers.
Tips:
1. Add a picture and a banner your choice
2. Create a interesting Bio
3. Spout, Quote Spout, Echo, say something to get our attention
11:02 AM - Jul 14, 2023
Jay Carpenter🎸🎶
A
thread 4/10
Most of us who have been here for awhile want to get to know you before we follow back.
Personally, I have many new followers over the last few weeks that have:
0 Spouts
No Bio or tells me nothing about you
No picture of any kind, A pic can say a lot
11:04 AM - Jul 14, 2023
Jay Carpenter🎸🎶
A
thread 5/10
No Banner, look at mine 1 guess what I am interested in.
So if you want to gain followers tell us about yourself. A few words can say a lot, don’t be shy.
If you find a interesting conversation jump right in and say what’s on your mind. It’s OK!
11:04 AM - Jul 14, 2023
Jay Carpenter🎸🎶
A
thread 6/10
Have a thought spout it and if it goes nowhere keep at it. I have many spouts that go nowhere
And that’s just fine
11:05 AM - Jul 14, 2023
Jay Carpenter🎸🎶
A
thread 7/10
There has been a lot of talk about engagement lately, or lack of it. Thing is engagement is a two-way street, don’t expect someone you just followed to reach out. If you are brand new spout something first. If you want to lurk you are welcome to do just that we don’t mind. But don’t fall into the
11:05 AM - Jul 14, 2023
Jay Carpenter🎸🎶
A
thread 8/10
trap of complaining about lack of engagement when you have really made no effort yourself
We are a friendly and welcoming bunch and we want you to participate, we want you to jump into conversations, we actually want to hear what you have to say. Lately to many have spouted about lack of engagement
11:06 AM - Jul 14, 2023
Jay Carpenter🎸🎶
A
thread 9/10
and said the platform is not for them. When you check their account they have few follows, few followers and very few spouts, echo’s or quote’s, so no engagement on their part. So, we have come full circle back to that two-way street I mentioned, take a leap of faith join a conversation or
Jay Carpenter🎸🎶
A
thread 10/10
better yet start one yourself. There are many subjects floating around, Food, Gardening, Music, Politics, Pride. Use the Explore feature search key words and hash tags you will find subjects that interest you and you will have no problem with engagement.
This is the way!
Pam I
A
In response to Jay Carpenter🎸🎶.
Hi Jay, thank you for this info. I'm still new but learning how to do many things. 😊
05:48 PM - Jan 15, 2024
Jay Carpenter🎸🎶
A
In response to Pam I.
Your welcome
There are many here who will help you find your way
All you have to do is ask
06:25 PM - Jan 15, 2024
Susan Cochrane
A
I see the guitar on your bio. I followed lots of musicians, artists and writers on that other app (that is burning in hell right now). I know Spoutible is new but do you have any suggestions for follows?
PS: I don’t believe in Hell
08:23 AM - Sep 23, 2023 (Edited)
Ann Elise McLaughlin (she/her)
A
I followed you particularly for your pinned spout. Thank you for all the suggestions.
10:57 PM - Sep 16, 2023
Jay Carpenter🎸🎶
A
In response to Ann Elise McLaughlin (she/her).
Your welcome
I am paying it forward as many things in that spout were learned from those that came before me.
It is a tribute to them helping me find my way here.
10:59 PM - Sep 16, 2023
Susan Cochrane
A
In response to Ann Elise McLaughlin (she/her).
Exactly
08:26 AM - Sep 23, 2023
K Ray
A
I second all of this!
02:35 PM - Aug 11, 2023
Susan Simon
A
Amen to all of what is said here. I’m no one special, no blue ck, but every time I spout something (new pictures or my opinion/added thoughts 2 a spout I find interesting, my followers grow a bit. And if someone spouts a thing which resonates w me I look 2 follow them, but ck bio/ other spouts 1st.
11:15 AM - Jul 14, 2023
Jay Carpenter🎸🎶
A
In response to Susan Simon.
Thank you Susan,
I am trying to be helpful to all our new Spouters in much the same way I was helped. I have grown my following organically. I have been more selective about follow backs as my timeline grows. The problem with like minded people is we sometimes all spout/echo the same thing.
11:24 AM - Jul 14, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}