Only followers of this user (Canyonsfan) can see their posts

Diane Turner
A
In response to Inconclusive Laura®️.
Yes: fossil fuels, green, blah blah…

Just go to the history of Robert Moses who built road overpasses too low for busses so they couldn’t travel from NYC to beaches. Inner cities are filled w liberals and people of color. Public transportation gives access and power that they want to deny: racist.
07:33 AM - Jul 19, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to Diane Turner.
That's a breathtaking amount of thought and attention to detail to put into the most petty acts of spiteful cruelty.

#WhiteSupremacists
#Republicans
07:46 AM - Jul 19, 2023
Diane Turner
A
Sure is.

Robert Moses was a piece of garbage who had more power over the urban development of NYC than imaginable.

Many acts were done to segregate black people from white people and to deny black people access to services. He created a form of systemic poverty here that we still are unwinding.
In response to Anton Brakhage.
07:56 AM - Jul 19, 2023
Kerwin Garin
A
Most Brooklynites blame Walter O'Malley for moving their beloved Dodgers to Los Angeles but it was only after Robert Moses rejected O'Malley's plans for building a new stadium where the Barkley Center is today...
11:33 AM - Jul 19, 2023
Diane Turner
A
In response to Kerwin Garin.
My father is from Brooklyn and was a Brooklyn Dodgers fan to the max. He has a full wall of the study dedicated to photos of the Dodgers. Been hearing this since my youth. Fuck Moses.

Was never allowed to root for Yankees as a kid.
11:37 AM - Jul 19, 2023
Crotchity Geezer
A
Read about him back in the late 70s early 80s…
10:08 AM - Jul 19, 2023
Diane Turner
A
In response to Crotchity Geezer.
Great book. It’s time for them to rename Robert Moses Park.
10:09 AM - Jul 19, 2023
Pascale Jean-Gilles
A
I’m only now truly understanding how fucked up Robert Moses was. What’s even worse now os the bridges and roads he built are completely crumbling and there’s barely any money or plans to fix it
08:46 AM - Jul 19, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}