Spaceghost With The 435
A
Alright now that posting works lets do it. Branden Jacobs-Jenkins: an American playwright whose first play was published in 2010. I've had the good fortune of seeing productions of all 4 of his plays that have clickable links on Wikipedia so imma go in order from my favorite to least favorite:
12:25 PM - Feb 03, 2023
Spaceghost With The 435
A
In response to Spaceghost With The 435.
an octaroon: if I could time travel back to a single performance in my life it would be this one. Saw this at a black box production: the lights went out, Kendrick's DNA started playing (it was Fall 2017), and the actors begin dumping bags of cotton balls on the unadorned stage. Electric.
12:29 PM - Feb 03, 2023
Spaceghost With The 435
A
an octaroon is essentially an adaption of a 1860s slavery apologia play 'the octaroon' and from that rusted and grotesque wreckage Jacobs-Jenkins fashioned a truly sublime work on theater and race. Meta af. Hard hitting. A tear that will hang in my soul forever to borrow from Jeff Buckley.
12:41 PM - Feb 03, 2023
Spaceghost With The 435
A
appropriate: an american family tragedy a la Tennessee Williams. The dysfunction spins around the sin and avarice that lies at the core of our nation. The most haunting characters never take the stage and never say a line. I will never forget the deafening silence of that space beyond the stage.
12:51 PM - Feb 03, 2023
Spaceghost With The 435
A
gloria: if you're a millennial you're gonna feel heard about halfway through this one and after you're just gonna feel it. Starts out with witty and incisive commentary about work culture, everything derails with an all to familiar act of violence, and the aftermath stings like only the truth can
01:14 PM - Feb 03, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}