Li Milla4
A
My mom writes left-handed, does everything else with her right hand. My little brother was left-handed, he was forced to learn to write right-handed in school. It was unacceptable to be left-handed. I have to wonder how much more he could have learned if he were being taught, rather than trained.
Ike K @NotPOTUS34
I’m left-handed. I’m thankful that my parents more or less forced me to eat right-handed when I was 5 or 6. If I try to eat lefty now, it’s ugly. As to scissors, I have no recollection of ever using them in my left hand.
09:37 PM - Jul 22, 2023
09:46 PM - Jul 22, 2023
Monkey Mom
A
My great gmother (mom's side) went off on the nuns trying to correct Gram, which was unheard of during the depression. Told them correcting her was saying they knew God's design better than He did. My dad is also leftie, but never had issues. Im full leftie but do some things ambidextrous.
In response to Li Milla4.
09:57 PM - Jul 22, 2023
Li Milla4
A
In response to Monkey Mom.
While the three of us were being trained in school, my mother went back to school. She was a trainable and profoundly retarded teacher.

Yep, literal terminology. She had a tweed-jackeded professor who greeted them as his retarded class.
10:53 PM - Jul 22, 2023 (Edited)
Li Milla4
A
In response to Monkey Mom.
I've not thought about this issue in so long. It was quite the thing back then.
10:35 PM - Jul 22, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}