Chuck Wendig
A
On a lark I went and looked at my tweet linking to my blog post about AI and I looked at my spout here -- exact same text, exact image, exact link.

Twitter, I got 49 retweets. Spoutible, I got 40 echoes/respouts/wtfever they're called.

On Twitter, I have over 100x more followers than I do here
10:40 AM - Feb 18, 2023 (Edited)
Greg Westbay
B
In response to Chuck Wendig.
I used to experience the same thing, now my engagement here has fallen way off. It is what it is, I think with more accounts here now and some accounts constantly sending messages it is easy to get buried. I will figure out a way to navigate it.
09:04 AM - Aug 24, 2023
Tracy L
A
It's still new here. How many Twitter followers are bots, lol? Hope you stay
12:36 PM - Apr 02, 2023
Josephine Robertson
A
It is interesting because I'm finding zero interaction here and finding a really hard time finding "my folks" again. (Mastodon I get much more interaction and had a way easier time finding people. But getting very tired of new SM.)
04:57 PM - Feb 18, 2023
Rebecca Wilcox
A
I didn’t even see the AI post on Twitter until I went looking for it. I’m not following nearly as many people here, yet, but I’m seeing everything from the people I follow. It’s a huge improvement.
03:56 PM - Feb 18, 2023
Sarah Elkins
A
I too have noticed the general interactions here on Spoutible are just higher than on Twitter. AND also better quality. Like, there's not anyone rolling up and calling me names or anything which is fantastic.
01:42 PM - Feb 18, 2023
Chris MacDhomnuill
A
Twitter is mostly bots and sock puppet accounts at this point.
12:46 PM - Feb 18, 2023
Peanut Butter Toast
A
Really makes you think, doesn’t it 🤔
12:23 PM - Feb 18, 2023
Rich Tate
A
I’d be willing to bet if you paid for blue your engagement would rocket. I’m tempted myself just to see how much they’ve destroyed under the hood. But then I gave Elon 8 bucks.
11:41 AM - Feb 18, 2023
DJDW
A
Twitter is all smoke and mirrors and whatever algorithm will get Elmo more likes than Biden.
11:17 AM - Feb 18, 2023
Kris Austen Radcliffe
A
I shared an MPR story a couple of days ago that had twice the engagement, respouts, and comments from my 400 followers here than MPR got on Twitter from there near 300k.
11:10 AM - Feb 18, 2023
Kris Austen Radcliffe
A
In response to Kris Austen Radcliffe.
Ha! I missed my 7 minute window to edit my typo.

Woops.
11:44 AM - Feb 18, 2023
Dawn Van Lieu
A
Spoutible good, Twitter bad
11:08 AM - Feb 18, 2023
Lisa W FirstWave
A
Many people on Twitter are not here. Plus, we don’t have an app yet. They will come and you got almost the same amount of echos with less followers. I’ll say that’s a good start. 😊
10:51 AM - Feb 18, 2023
Chuck Wendig
A
In response to Lisa W FirstWave.
That's my point, yeah -- even at this relatively low follower number, Spoutible is pound for pound doing a lot more for engagement. A *lot* more.
10:54 AM - Feb 18, 2023
JessC
A
what I find frustrating is that I'm seeing content creators on the bird site say they have accounts but don't post here because they're waiting for more people to join...but if there was more content here for people to read they would get more interaction here than the bird site....sigh
10:49 AM - Feb 18, 2023
Robb
A
Did the same test yesterday. Two identical posts on both platforms. One got nothing in three hours, and the other got dozens in minutes. (Since that posting, the "likes" score is now at 71-1. And I picked up half a dozen new followers to boot.)
https://spoutible.com/thre...
10:49 AM - Feb 18, 2023
Gloria Harmon
A
That's certainly interesting to say the least.
10:46 AM - Feb 18, 2023
Chuck Wendig
A
(Obviously this fails to consider certain granularities, but it is a damning look at Twitter's strangulation of engagement -- literally, the point of social media *being engagement.*)
10:41 AM - Feb 18, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}