Cynthia Williams
A
The 1st 100% Black-owned bookstore in my city was destroyed this weekend. A car crashed into Its glass-winfowed storefront.

The crash occurred only hours before the store's major event: a discussion on Black Reparations in America.

Police are silent about the incident. Was it an accident?
04:17 AM - Jul 24, 2023 (Edited)
Paulette Jones
B
In response to Cynthia Williams.
North Carolina, you say. NOT an accident.
03:54 PM - Sep 08, 2023
My Flying Car 2020
A
No. It wasn't an accident. It's their M.O.
01:03 PM - Sep 08, 2023
Yogi Thomas
B
Hopefully there are street camera videos, and the business has video of the crash and insurance to rebuild. Did anyone get hurt? Did the person or people who crashed the bookstore go to the hospital? Do you have a news article?
05:58 AM - Jul 24, 2023 (Edited)
Cynthia Williams
A
In response to Yogi Thomas.
That's the problem. The local news has gone dark on this incident. The owner keeps X-ing that she can't tell the public anymore about what happened at this time. That's odd. The owner did say that once she is able to give more info, she will do so.

This situation is unsettling in its secrecy.
06:05 AM - Jul 24, 2023
Cynthia Williams
A
In response to Yogi Thomas.
And no, according the Xs on the incident, no one was injured. But the place was full of people helping to prepare the place for the Black Reparations event.

It's also odd the car crashed so hard into the building that a store next door was set on fire.

I'm hoping this wasn't domestic terrorism.
06:08 AM - Jul 24, 2023
Katie Navy Vet
A
Doubtful, although the cops can't say right now.
05:01 AM - Jul 24, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
Given the location and timing, I very much doubt it was an accident.

If local police ignore it, then get press attention on it. The Federal government can also investigate hate crimes that state and local law enforcement ignore, though this might be low priority if no one was actually injured.
04:31 AM - Jul 24, 2023
Kinzie Mat
A
WOAH.
04:30 AM - Jul 24, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}