R.S. Locke / Royal Suitor
A
“Although Meghan has been vocal about biracial identity, Northwestern graduate student Raven Schwam-Curtis says it was not always acknowledged by others, contributing to her likely experiencing both privileged and racist treatment.” #MeghanMarkle
02:20 PM - Feb 18, 2023
Starlight Shelling
A
In response to R.S. Locke / Royal Suitor.
Plenty of African Americans have her exact genetic makeup but have two Black identifying parents but OK.
12:46 AM - Jan 05, 2024
Mlb Anx
A
It’s the black part. The one drop rule. Whites were able to dissociate enough to sell their own children because of the “drop.”
10:04 AM - Aug 10, 2023
StephA
A
Such a good read!
05:26 PM - Feb 18, 2023
protocol protection officer
A
very well done article with the depth and nuance necessary to do justice to this topic. TYFS 💕
04:02 PM - Feb 18, 2023
Pamela
A
Thanks for sharing. I hadn’t noticed the article. I’m reminded that within my own family, one of my great aunts was nicknamed Brownie. Guess why
02:40 PM - Feb 18, 2023
R.S. Locke / Royal Suitor
A
““Both those things could be true at the same time: That [Meghan] can be multiracial or mixed, and have this privilege moving through the world, and at the same time, when her Blackness is in a space where it’s not supposed to be, then suddenly she has a big issue,” Schwam-Curtis said of Meghan.”
02:24 PM - Feb 18, 2023
L B
A
My family experience this all the time.
02:40 PM - Feb 18, 2023
iMatter
A
President Obama comes to mind.
01:31 PM - Feb 22, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}