Francy NOT Fancy
A
"It’s a reverse Robin Hood scheme that Americans would hate if they fully understood what was going on."

Please, pass it on.

https://www.thenation.com/...
03:22 PM - Feb 18, 2023
Carol Butler
A
In response to Francy NOT Fancy.
Reply to those who say the funds should follow the student. I’m not interested in educating your children, I’m interested in educating every child in our community. The plan should match the goal.
06:52 PM - Oct 27, 2023
Carol Butler
A
I think marketing voucher programs as Robbing from the Poor to Educate the Rich is a pretty good frame. I’ve read a lot on the subject but this is the first time I heard it framed that way.
06:50 PM - Oct 27, 2023
William Turner
A
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
08:35 PM - Oct 11, 2023
Janet W
A
It always comes down to race, doesn't it.☹️
10:30 PM - Feb 18, 2023
Francy NOT Fancy
A
In response to Janet W.
Yes! Race and power!
08:08 AM - Feb 19, 2023
William Turner
A
In response to Janet W.
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
08:35 PM - Oct 11, 2023
Myke
A
I take a simple approach to life: If #Republicans are pushing for something and vaguely praising its merits, then the answer is No.
10:23 PM - Feb 18, 2023
Angela Baker
A
In response to Myke.
At first I agreed w the tictok ban until my congressman was going on about it. Now I think it has to do w younger folks and how they communicate and the election etc.
06:04 PM - Mar 23, 2024
Trust Facts
A
Messaging: "Don't defund public schools."
09:18 PM - Feb 18, 2023
Max Prophet
A
It lets them get the part of their taxes that go to public education back from the state to use towards a private education, the amount alone of which wouldn't allow the average citizen to be able to afford.
09:16 PM - Feb 18, 2023
💜 Callie 💜
A
Fact 👉🏽 DeVos and Erik Prince are siblings. These folks have been working feverishly to destabilize and destroy public education. Why? To reverse desegregation. Christian academies/charters/private schools funnel taxpayer funds to schools that operate outside of federal anti-discrimination laws.
06:14 PM - Feb 18, 2023
Happy4uu&u
A
In response to 💜 Callie 💜.
We should also indulge in the fact that Erik Prince Blackwater founder siphoned billions from Trump’s government with his privatized combat force.

They surely find ways and means to destabilize and re-sculpture the US, don’t they?
04:19 PM - Jul 27, 2023
CAMfromKville
B
In response to 💜 Callie 💜.
Ms DeVos has been working on this for a long time, even before Trump name her secretary of Education. It is shameful that education will eventually be only for the rich and white.
05:14 PM - Jul 27, 2023
Anti-SS Teenage Neighbor
A
If one Party can only win with an uneducated populace, then this happens ...
05:59 PM - Feb 18, 2023
Anti-SS Teenage Neighbor
A
AZ is doing this in spades. Former GOP Governor Ducey passed Legislation allowing an"Education Choice Bill" that effectively funnels $7000/yr per student to attend "private schools". No financial nor educational attainment stats required. 80% of participants previously did not attend Public schools.
05:58 PM - Feb 18, 2023
Billy G Edwards
A
Almost all their policies have the same end; grind the many into the ground.
05:55 PM - Feb 18, 2023
Dee E
A
It’s absolutely ridiculous how few people actually understand this.
05:37 PM - Feb 18, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}