Qasim Rashid
A
Inflation is down to 2.97% but prices are still higher than they should be.

As we've screamed all along—the leading driver of high prices was not inflation, but corporate price gouging. And corporations fund politicians to prevent accountability. That is the problem we face.
05:11 PM - Jul 28, 2023
Matthew Nadler
A
In response to Qasim Rashid.
What should prices be? And remember, falling prices are a sign of a severe recession.
11:04 AM - Oct 28, 2023
Dennis Clarke
A
When we reelect Biden, their tune will change.
01:21 PM - Aug 01, 2023
Max Prophet
A
Democrats need to stop pointing out that inflation is down. It's only down for the corporate profiteers. It's not down for the working class.
04:43 PM - Jul 29, 2023
Sonia C
A
Dems tried to pass a fuel price gouging bill in 22. It passed the house but 4 D Senator's voted against it in the senate. Can’t imagine that they’re gonna change their minds. We definitely get louder about this.
💙🐳💙
12:51 AM - Jul 29, 2023
Max Prophet
A
In response to Sonia C.
Do you know which four Democratic party senators voted with the Republicans? I'm betting one of them is the Virginia state senator who's up for re-election this year.
04:40 PM - Jul 29, 2023
Gail Davis
A
Why are we not hearing this on msm? Why are there no bills in Congress to address this?
09:49 PM - Jul 28, 2023
Naughty-A
B
In response to Gail Davis.
There are so many things that we don’t know about. I saw a video that in Japan, they get a bill from their ‘IRS version’ because their government already KNOWS how much they made. Meanwhile, here in the US, companies like turbo tax and such are paying for legislation to have people go pay MORE! We
11:26 PM - Jul 28, 2023 (Edited)
Grumpy Introvert
A
In response to Gail Davis.
Why, indeed. MSM = Corporate media
02:01 PM - Aug 01, 2023
Lisa W FirstWave
A
Absolutely!
09:42 PM - Jul 28, 2023
Schrodinger's Democracy
A
Another gee wiz fact - Inflation includes "imputed rent", not actual rent, based on home ownership.

The Fed imputes a cost - factored into inflation - that I *might* pay as rent if I didn't own my home (I do).

As silly as imputing costs for cars, even if I own my car (note: I own my car).
08:18 PM - Jul 28, 2023
Alfalpha Male ✔️
A
Also, bank profits are at an all time high. They seem to be doing quite well pushing interest rates to all time highs on the backs of the Fed's reckless policies.
08:10 PM - Jul 28, 2023

Only followers of this user (susanm) can see their posts

Aurora Otto
A
Absolutely maddening.
07:10 PM - Jul 28, 2023
Nora Nanza
A
Yes!!!
06:44 PM - Jul 28, 2023
James Winter ( jmão )
A
Ahhhh you mean.. at 2.97% Inflation.. The Biden Admin was not & has not been THE MAIN CULPRIT to high prices???

Imagine!!
06:40 PM - Jul 28, 2023
Steve Rogers
A
Corporate price gouging is a major reason inflation isn't going down. In my opinion there needs to be controls put on corporations to keep their greed from holding the consumer hostage. An extreme example of Big Pharma holding diabetics hostage is insulin price gouging.
06:36 PM - Jul 28, 2023
Mea Cadwell
A
In response to Steve Rogers.
Agreed. But lowering insulin prices means they'll raise prices on their other meds effecting others that already can't afford their meds. Sigh
06:50 PM - Jul 28, 2023
Steve Rogers
A
In response to Steve Rogers.
To control corporate greed, we need to ensure the Democrats hold a total, strong majority. This initiative should not be overlooked because of other, apparently more pressing issues. To draw attention to price gouging, the people need put pressure on their Senators and Representatives.
07:21 PM - Jul 28, 2023 (Edited)
Dan Ehrenkrantz
A
I think when people hear “inflation is down” they expect to see lower prices. But there’s still inflation—which means prices will continue to rise, just at a slower pace.
05:17 PM - Jul 28, 2023
Dan Ehrenkrantz
A
In response to Dan Ehrenkrantz.
And yes, I’m with you on many having used inflation as an excuse to price gouge.
05:19 PM - Jul 28, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}