Christopher Bouzy
A
Anyone who has used Spoutible for more than a day would know everyone here doesn't always agree, and it isn't some liberal bubble.
10:04 AM - Jul 30, 2023
Phil Nicolosi
B
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
It's what actual discourse, debate, and civil discussions used to look like. It's amazing that we now equate normal political discussion and disagreement as a "liberal bubble"
09:55 AM - Mar 08, 2024
Donald Davis
A
That’s the beauty of it.
09:29 PM - Jul 30, 2023
Marcella Garcia
A
I just want a place to disagree without it devolving into racist, sexist, conspiracy theories and death threats. 😏
05:11 PM - Jul 30, 2023
Chicken Mama
A
In response to Marcella Garcia.
Welcome to Spoutible! I think you're gonna like it here!

(But where's a gif from Annie when you need it?? 😊)
01:32 AM - Jul 31, 2023
NTropy Sellers
A
Hang on, just one second there, Mr. Bouzy. Are you telling me I am sometimes disagreeable?!!?!?!?!??
04:19 PM - Jul 30, 2023
Schrodinger's Democracy
A
We disagree about things; we just do that in a way we are not disagreeable
02:41 PM - Jul 30, 2023
Tonya Alston
A
Honestly, their use of liberal is giving me southern strategy vibes. Liberal as a perjorative replaces n-word.
It blows their minds that a Black man assembled a team to create a successful, thriving social media network, where all are welcome except racists, antisemites & homo-and-transphobes.
02:32 PM - Jul 30, 2023
Thee NW F#@&ing Magpie
A
You said it.

It's also not a toxic cesspool, which I *greatly* appreciate.
02:32 PM - Jul 30, 2023
Jessica (she/her)
A
Trolls gonna troll.
02:16 PM - Jul 30, 2023
Alyce Miller
A
Thankfully, #Spoutible seems to attract generally more thoughtful, informed people. I also like the pace of #Spoutible . Feels much less frantic and anxious. I like hopping on and off and catching interesting info. “Liberal” can cover a range of views so I have no idea if Spoutible is “liberal.”
01:39 PM - Jul 30, 2023
Auntie CC .
A
We're a tolerant bunch. BUT, if you're a troll, racist, a NAWP, or mansplainer someone is going to have words with you.
Chris Puttick
A
TBF we (the not USA people) are fairly sure the USA people have no idea what liberal means.
01:33 PM - Jul 30, 2023
Baron Spoonfields
A
In response to Chris Puttick.
TBF (and I say this as a USA people) many of the USA people have no idea what a lot of things mean.
06:51 PM - Jul 30, 2023
Raven Lunatic
A
In response to Chris Puttick.
The US is known for misusing terms ofttimes deliberately. The excuse is that we repeat what we hear and don't look at what the terms actually mean. I get grief when I ask someone what a word they are using means and they have no idea or are 180 degrees out.
10:27 AM - Jul 31, 2023
VergeClub
A
I'm shocked. I've been here two days already and have yet to see a disagreement. I shall have to rethink my browsing strategy.
01:14 PM - Jul 30, 2023

Only followers of this user (researchergirl) can see their posts

Mary Becker
A
Yesterday I had something to say to someone who was pro Robert F Kennedy and stated the he is not anti-vax. Not everyone here is the same.
01:08 PM - Jul 30, 2023

Only followers of this user (Seamoura) can see their posts

Kinzie Mat
A
In response to Seamoura (she/her) (see-more-uh).
Followed for that excellent insight😉
(BabyPenguin following MamaPenguin GIF)
01:33 PM - Jul 30, 2023 (Edited)
Stewart Tan
A
In response to Seamoura (she/her) (see-more-uh).
IMO, what your friend is observing is a bit of the "natural selection" (e.g. most of the people doing pros/cons on facism or are die-hard anti-vaxxer aren't on Spoutible). Beyond the initial selection, you see a variety of opinions as long as you are willing to look deep enough.
Thomas Cantwell
A
12:20 PM - Jul 30, 2023
Kim Mmmm
A
In response to Thomas Cantwell.
What does dev team mean? Thanks.
01:22 PM - Jul 30, 2023
StDunstan
A
My major post this morning was brewing coffee with a French press, (before you've had coffee).
11:16 AM - Jul 30, 2023
Bev Resendez
A
I always feel like I've walked into the living room when I come to Spoutible. We talk, discuss, have fun and disagree. But it's comfortable. No attacks or bullying Seriously, who could ask for more?
11:03 AM - Jul 30, 2023
Writemindedlefty
A
In response to Bev Resendez.
Yes. Like night and day!
11:10 AM - Jul 30, 2023
George Bishop
A
In response to Bev Resendez.
There are definitely cliques of people who will pile on anyone who angers one of them though. Some deservedly including myself sometimes, other times when it was a simple misunderstanding.
12:24 PM - Jul 30, 2023
M Nope
A
Now I’m stuck with a Don Ho earworm. For the younger ones among us google Tiny Bubbles.
10:50 AM - Jul 30, 2023
Angelique Yaich
A
If you are missing the hate and think that means liberalism, what does that mean for conservativism?
I myself am fiscally conservative, and personally out right tight wad, I just think that means no breaks for corporations not no food for the hungry.
10:46 AM - Jul 30, 2023
Monica Loegel
A
True. There are many times I disagree with a poster. But I disagree and move on. I don't feel compelled to constantly respond. Sometimes keeping your mouth shut (or fingers stilled) is the better route.
10:39 AM - Jul 30, 2023
Kat Schneider
A
In response to Monica Loegel.
11:29 AM - Jul 30, 2023
Harry Kaufman
A
In response to Monica Loegel.
Being one Confucius student moons ago, and that was long time, 1 proverb hold true, silence is best friend that never betrays, many not all have not followed..eaoteric
05:55 PM - Jul 30, 2023
"PROTECT BLACK WOMEN!" - yeah right
A
It was alluded to that a person would be piled on for criticising the dems on here, disinformation or not.
10:32 AM - Jul 30, 2023
Jan Hobbs
A
I listened to you on Start Me Up the other day, by @KimberleyJohnson and want to thank you for creating a platform that does away with targeted harassment. I agree, not everyone agrees. Oh man, is that an oxymoron? Anyway, thank you.
10:25 AM - Jul 30, 2023
Dora Exploring
A
I think people have watched too much reality tv and commentary news shows. I guess you have to have name calling and discourse to be other than. I was taught you can respectfully disagree or say nothing at all. 🙄
10:22 AM - Jul 30, 2023
Amy Magnus
A
As I prepped for an interview with Twitter, they shared their policy documents. That policy made it clear how Twitter chased likes over comments + quotes.

Today that policy doesn’t make sense.

I love how Spoutible is about conversation. It feels friendly not competitive.
10:22 AM - Jul 30, 2023
Tee Koobaan
A
I beg to differ 🙄
10:14 AM - Jul 30, 2023
Cynthia Williams
A
In response to Tee Koobaan.
Can you explain why you feel this way?
12:04 PM - Jul 30, 2023
Remember Gea
A
I agree. There are times when some are wanting an argument and I don’t engage or remain polite while wishing them a good day ending the conversation. Otherwise, to have different views is frequently seen and welcomed 👍🏽
10:14 AM - Jul 30, 2023
Aura Steele
A
I personally think it's healthy sign.
10:11 AM - Jul 30, 2023
The Eternal Atheist
A
True, but I’m surprised by the number of people who can’t have discourse without antagonism.
10:07 AM - Jul 30, 2023
PS Annie
A
In response to The Eternal Atheist.
I'm guessing it will take a while folks folks to un-Bird themselves.
10:24 AM - Jul 30, 2023
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}