Bill Blume
A
My its #Been84WriterYears talk is that I regret not focusing on short stories earlier in my writing life. You gain something as a writer when you reach the end of a story. Knowing how the story ends makes it easier to look back at what works and what doesn’t.

#BookSpout
Peace Zodanou @peacezodanou
It's Sunday!!! Time for another #Been84WriterYears talk. I wanted to take the snarky route but I'm snarked out this week because irl threw me some curveballs.😭
How about we talk process? As in how long it takes to get your work ready to query. #WritingCommunity
(I'm going to try a thread.)
08:39 AM - Feb 19, 2023
09:29 AM - Feb 19, 2023
Bill Blume
A
You’re asking, “Did that help get readers to the end I was aiming for?” That makes it easier to know what to cut and/or add. More importantly, though, you learn how things got off track. That means with the next story, it can be easier to spot the mistake before you commit it.
In response to Bill Blume.
09:31 AM - Feb 19, 2023
Bill Blume
A
It’s frustrating to see work I know is good struggle to find a home in publishing. So many people out there are doing so many great stories. But the market is shrinking, and that means it’s never been more difficult to sell your work.
09:34 AM - Feb 19, 2023
Bill Blume
A
I often wonder if I’d sped up my learning curve ten years sooner, would I be in a better place, in terms of success? Hard to say, especially when success is so hard to define.

But that’s an it’s #Been84WriterYears talk for another day.
09:36 AM - Feb 19, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}