Kimberlee (Kimbrûlée)
A
I am thrilled that so many people have joined/rejoined Spoutible over the last couple of days. I hope you are finding it to be fun, engaging, and informative. PSA: Spoutible is NOT a dating app! Please do not DM women or anyone if you haven't been invited to do so. Thank you. That's the spout.
05:55 PM - Aug 02, 2023
Karen Dykstra
A
In response to Kimberlee (Kimbrûlée).
Big surprise today, I had one from a chick🙃. Unless I have developed a relationship with you on Spoutible, dont DM me. Its in my bio.
01:10 PM - Aug 03, 2023
Kimberlee (Kimbrûlée)
A
In response to Karen Dykstra.
I got one of those the first month after Spoutible launched. I kindly told her that I do not converse with people I don't know. The block followed. You never know who these people actually are!
01:46 PM - Aug 03, 2023
Sneaky Burrito
A
I avoid most of those by using a fake name and a cat picture. If you look at my profile I basically give away my age by college graduation year as well as my gender but most of the rogue DMers don't bother to check that.
01:07 PM - Aug 03, 2023
Sneaky Burrito
A
In response to Sneaky Burrito.
Or else I am too old for them.
01:08 PM - Aug 03, 2023
Sharon Alger ☿️
A
Yep. Instant block
12:56 PM - Aug 03, 2023
Jettyon Pyatt
A
I've gotten those and it starts off normal...then you realize they have no spouts and asking where I live, dead giveaway 🤨
12:49 PM - Aug 03, 2023
The Spoutonian Film Club
A
Girl!!! Do you even understand how many people have slid into my DMs with a, “hey, there.” 😆
12:48 PM - Aug 03, 2023
Kimberlee (Kimbrûlée)
A
In response to The Spoutonian Film Club.
It’s crazy!
12:59 PM - Aug 03, 2023
Bad Hombre Resistor
A
I'm spoken for and don't DM anyone. That said, is it the worst thing that there are some people looking for relationships based on like minded thinking and empathy instead of just thirst trap pictures?
01:25 AM - Aug 03, 2023
Kimberlee (Kimbrûlée)
A
In response to Bad Hombre Resistor.
Of course not. But if there has never been any public exchange whatsoever, sending someone a DM out of the blue with zero context (just a Hi) is seen by many women as creepy and disingenuous. Perhaps as a man, this is something you have not had to deal with.
08:05 AM - Aug 03, 2023
Barbara Edelman
A
In response to Bad Hombre Resistor.
clearly you don’t get how creepy a dm reading “hi how are you” from some rando guy is. lucky you. i have an inbox full. i report & block the fuckers who know EXACTLY how creepy they are & like it.
12:48 PM - Aug 03, 2023
Karen Jolley
A
I have had 2 unsolicited DMs since I joined last month. They weren't offensive but they unnerved me and I wasn't sure how to deal with them. Didn't expect to get them here on lovely Spoutible.
12:44 AM - Aug 03, 2023
Kimberlee (Kimbrûlée)
A
In response to Karen Jolley.
I think this is something many men just don't understand. As women, we are ALWAYS thinking about our safety and sending someone a random DM is equivalent to walking too close to me on a dark street. You might not mean any harm but I'm going to get as far away from you as I can.
08:09 AM - Aug 03, 2023
Deanna (@LadyDi) of Love Wins Movement
A
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
12:11 AM - Aug 03, 2023
Carolyn Cruz
A
Why I like Spoutible. I did a dumb thing and joined Tribel. That site I was constantly bombarded with DM's from men looking for dates.
08:14 PM - Aug 02, 2023
Kimberlee (Kimbrûlée)
A
In response to Carolyn Cruz.
Ewww!
08:24 PM - Aug 02, 2023
Renae Duncan
A
Had one who followed me today. His profile showed that he has followed about 80 women (mostly gray haired women like me) and 0 males. Not surprisingly, his profile picture was quite handsome. (Wonder whose pic he stole) This used to happen on the bird site all the time. Reported & blocked right away
07:17 PM - Aug 02, 2023
Jacqueline
A
I had my first the other day. Been trying to follow back people and one sent me a DM right away. Only joined a week prior, but profile and spouts were pretty innocuous. Like, damn dude, I am an old lady.
06:21 PM - Aug 02, 2023
Kimberlee (Kimbrûlée)
A
In response to Jacqueline.
I strongly suspect these are scammers of some sort. They are casting a wide net hoping to catch something. Not here, bud!
06:23 PM - Aug 02, 2023
Haruka (CLOSED)
A
In response to Jacqueline.
So am I, plus it says in my profile that I’m married to another woman! Don’t DM me, randos!
12:00 PM - Aug 05, 2023
ShariLynn NY
A
i just unfollowed and blocked him... 3 posts, all selfies, should have known better... i only followed back because i saw you were one of his followers lol
06:08 PM - Aug 02, 2023
Kimberlee (Kimbrûlée)
A
In response to ShariLynn NY.
Yep. Same account. This person has been busy and I would bet money the photos are fake.
06:09 PM - Aug 02, 2023
Anella Marie
A
Even members of Goodreads think it’s a dating app. I always say dude, I’m here to read.
06:06 PM - Aug 02, 2023
Kimberlee (Kimbrûlée)
A
In response to Anella Marie.
SMH
06:07 PM - Aug 02, 2023
StDunstan
A
In response to Anella Marie.
Lol. That's pathetic.
06:38 PM - Aug 02, 2023

Only followers of this user (researchergirl) can see their posts

Kimberlee (Kimbrûlée)
A
In response to Anne NotOfCleves.
Yep. Same here. It's exhausting! And really - can they be more creative than just saying, Hi?
05:59 PM - Aug 02, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}