Jeanne Stewart
A
thread 1/3
I deleted last post. Feeling down over memories of my childhood. Most of my siblings have wonderful memories of my late father. Some of us don't. I don't share my bad memories with my other siblings because I don't want to tarnish theirs. But my dad was a troubled man.
02:15 PM - Aug 03, 2023
Jeanne Stewart
A
thread 2/3
He was brave in battle in WWII. Of that, I'm proud. But he was hurtful to me, my husband and my children. Words cut deeper than any knife. If you weren't up to his physical standards, you heard about it. Over and over. I don't hate him. My feelings are conflicted.
02:18 PM - Aug 03, 2023
Jeanne Stewart
A
thread 3/3
Be mindful of the things you say to your children. The effects can last a long time.
02:19 PM - Aug 03, 2023
Barbara Nelsen
A
In response to Jeanne Stewart.
Had those very thoughts this morning. My father called me ‘goddam dummy’ so often I thought it was my name. I messed up something cooking this morning and heard myself mutter that to me. After 70+ years it’s still there hurting.
06:40 PM - Nov 17, 2023
Jeanne Stewart
A
In response to Barbara Nelsen.
I’m sorry. I had an easier time forgiving my late mom, who was quick in swinging the belt or paddle, than my dad , who spoke the most hurtful words without a second thought.
06:51 PM - Nov 17, 2023
Liz
A
Sending you my wish for peace for you. I had very dysfunctional parents. My mother passed away in March &was almost 94. I had 2practice saying only ‘thank you’ 2any well wishers.
Sending you strength &peace. You are not alone. And, glad to see you aren’t gaslighting yourself about your feelings.
05:58 PM - Nov 17, 2023
Jeanne Stewart
A
In response to Liz.
Thank you and sending you good thoughts. May all of us survivors find healing and light.
06:56 PM - Nov 17, 2023
Evolve Undefined
A
A very good reminder. Someone said once that every sibling in a family has a different parent. As the oldest, & a female my experience was very different than my siblings… my mom in particular was very hurtful with her words & attitudes toward me. Hope we can both continue to free ourselves.
05:07 PM - Oct 28, 2023
Yvette
A
In response to Evolve Undefined.
This is absolutely true!
02:16 PM - Nov 14, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}