KansasCity FruitKace
A
White people like term limits bc actually voting like decent human beings in every election is just too hard. We already have term limits .. it’s called elections! We have them all the time.
03:23 PM - Aug 03, 2023 (Edited)
Ground Control
A
In response KansasCity FruitKace to their Spout
Makes me think of this gem of a moment from the 1992 Vice Presidential debate. Dan Quayle is busy arguing up a storm for Congressional term limits when Al Gore suddenly quips "We're about to limit one."
06:12 PM - Aug 03, 2023
Rae Lyn Fox
A
The only posts for which term limits MIGHT make sense are lifetime appointments; it can be very hard to get bad people out of them before they’ve done DECADES of damage. But conduct requirements with automatic termination of post for violation would also work, so limits are NOT the only/best answer.
04:49 PM - Aug 03, 2023
My Flying Car 2020
A
I've seen elected officials get by [especially] in the hood on name recognition/machine politics, doing little to nothing for decades. People vote them in having done no research, and without thoughts of accountability. If term limits don't fix that & encourage succession training, something should.
04:34 PM - Aug 03, 2023
Rebecca Mauk
B
I have not missed an election since I turned 18.

First thing I do when I move is my Driver License AND Register to vote.

(You move a lot when hubby works in Gold Mining!)

No more moves for me. But I said that a few years ago then moved last year 🤣
04:20 PM - Aug 03, 2023
Susan Sampson
A
OMG, yes, so true!!
04:05 PM - Aug 03, 2023

Only followers of this user (beec4240) can see their posts

Steve Hill
B
In response to aaron.
That's Right but a shadow of the PAST! Republicans and capitalist Christians' and white supremacist are ALL IN and have no intention to negotiate anymore its cheaper and all they have to do is Lunch and dittle the intern!
04:36 PM - Aug 03, 2023
thoughts of joy
A
In response to aaron.
agree
06:05 PM - Aug 03, 2023
Tom a.k.a. Charlie’s dad
A
Exactly. Term limits will throw out the good with the bad, indiscriminately. Elections, with an informed electorate who are unconstrained by oppressive and/or illegal voting restrictions and unfair districts, are the best mechanism to keep, or put into office, good elected public servants.
03:53 PM - Aug 03, 2023
PS Annie
A
Right?
03:46 PM - Aug 03, 2023
bfitzinAR
A
Bingo!
03:34 PM - Aug 03, 2023