Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 1/3
Pat told me to seriously look at scooters today when I told him about getting a mobility aid, Lyft financially breaking me, and the train station having no elevator. I told him that I just cannot afford it, a good one is in the $500 range. He said, "just look, seriously look, I'll get the scooter."
01:03 AM - Aug 05, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 2/3
I don't know how many ways I can say no. What's wild is as much as I don't want to say yes, I also want to say yes because it could be life changing for me. But no. Pat and I are good friends, great friends, but that's a boyfriend or husband gift. And he's not loaded though he makes more than me.
01:05 AM - Aug 05, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 3/3
That kind of thing isn't a good idea. I will look at them, I'd been doing that a few months ago (which is why I know they're so pricy). Plus I'm a big girl and the average scooter holds up to 250 lbs. You're paying extra for more weight. In some instances $100 more.
01:07 AM - Aug 05, 2023
Douglas Kelso
A
I don't know you, or Pat, or how much either of you makes. But a mobility aid to help a good friend better navigate the world doesn't strike me even remotely as a "boyfriend or husband" gift. It strikes me as something you do to help someone you care about, when it's in your power.
In response to Acey Deecey 🚀🚀.
01:53 AM - Aug 05, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}