Bryan
A
I finally started calling Twitter by its new name, X. It's not the same service we had pre-Elon nor even six months ago. The changes made are a mix of positive and negative. As everyone considers Twitter alternatives, there are now five to consider: Mastodon, 𝕏., Threads, Spoutible, and Blue Sky.
09:34 AM - Aug 06, 2023
Lisse (she/her)
A
In response to Bryan.
The reason most people came here was because @cbouzy envisioned a safe haven specifically for marginalized groups and a place to escape the toxicity of other media platforms.

For most here, he achieved that; as well as a level of transparency that pales in comparison.

I’m where I belong.
12:33 PM - Aug 06, 2023
Bev Turner
A
In response to Lisse (she/her).
Ya know, as a privileged white granny, didn't need a safe place but so very happy for all the marginalized folks am meeting and learning so much from. It's a pleasure. We all will make sure it stays a safe space for y'all.
01:27 PM - Aug 06, 2023
Bryan
A
In response to Lisse (she/her).
There definitely is a lack of "meanness" here that I appreciate. It's one of the reasons Spoutible is one of the few platforms I'm willing to support financially. https://donorbox.org/bot-s...
03:40 PM - Aug 06, 2023
C.S. Stone
A
In response to Bryan.
The Post and Tribel are still out there. And whatever happened to CounterSocial?
12:27 PM - Aug 06, 2023
Bryan
A
In response to C.S. Stone.
I'm on Post and it has its positives. However, I didn't include it on my list as it doesn't seem to be competing with Twitter. Post is more in the class of social media platforms with Facebook, MeWe, and Tumblr.
03:30 PM - Aug 06, 2023
Isa-Lee Wolf
A
In response to Bryan.
There's no comparison really.

This place is unique and focused on genuine interaction. Not points or counts or winning.

Conversation.

And it's easy to use.
10:11 AM - Aug 06, 2023
Kirk Taylor
A
In response to Bryan.
I could be wrong but I thought it’s still called twitter but now the logo is an X instead of a little bird
09:59 AM - Aug 06, 2023
Bryan
A
In response to Kirk Taylor.
From my point a view a lot has changed beyond logo the past few months that we might as well just call it X now.
03:33 PM - Aug 06, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}