Bun the Franky
A
These people are seriously telling us they will police our private messages. That indicates we do not have any privacy on this site.
07:55 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Paul Is Abby Normal
B
In response to Bun the Franky.
If you are online and on social media, your data can be seen by the company hosting. Spoutible might run scripts that looks for certain words or maybe they only look if someone flags the post. Maybe they do both.
Just remember the data isn't encrypted.
09:10 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Bun the Franky
A
In response to Paul Is Abby Normal.
They claim DMs are though, but then also state your DMs are subject to a nebulous adult content policy, so the question is are they, or aren't they encrypted?
09:14 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Mo
A
I read that to mean sending unsolicited explicit pics such as Richard pics to someone via dm. Sort of like #6 . I think you’d have to report them for them to be reviewed.
08:06 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Bun the Franky
A
In response to Mo.
You're very likely right, but I think the way it's worded kind of vaguely as to what they can and will do and based on what is monitored and how is what has some users concerned.
08:07 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Ike K
A
That was my first take and made me wonder about the end-to-end encryption. I think that what's being said is that if A sends B an encrypted sexually explicit message, B can complain to Spoutible. I'm no encryption expert but I doubt one can have true ETE encryption and censorship by a third party.
08:02 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Bun the Franky
A
In response to Ike K.
That's probably true. But it's not spelled out very well, and I think a lot of what has had people in an uproar today is that these policies aren't very specific, well explained, maybe even well thought out.
08:09 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Bun the Franky
A
In response to Ike K.
If I send something offensive in a DM, that would seem to be covered perfectly fine in the policies regarding harassment, why make it sound elsewhere like our private messages are monitored?
08:10 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Diana
A
08:02 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Bun the Franky
A
In response to Diana.
That is really good to know, but it's still a problem if the policy is vaguely worded and makes it sound like sending anything sexually explicit in private messages is a violation, while claiming somewhere else only private messages that are reported could be an issue.
08:05 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Bun the Franky
A
In response to Diana.
I think it's this lack of specificity and clarity that is bothering some people.
08:06 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Thinkr
A
Elsewhere in the policy I read DMs can't be monitored, and would only become visible to admins if reported.
07:57 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Carol D ☮️
A
In response to Thinkr.
Good point. I wondered about the encryption of DMs as well when I read this. Maybe we need some clarification from @cbouzy on this aspect of the policy?
08:01 PM - Feb 19, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}