Participation Trophy Wife
A
I agree with this, with every cell of my being. (Not to brag, but I return my shopping cart to the cart corral---or even walk it back inside the store---EVERY SINGLE TIME.)
Bad Hombre Resistor @BetaRayBob
I've thought this for a long time regarding people who leave their shopping carts in the parking lot. I'm sorry, but if you do this you need to rethink some things.
07:09 PM - Aug 06, 2023
07:39 PM - Aug 06, 2023
Valerie Trull
A
The vast majority of people should do this. Everyone should also recognize that mobility can determine someone’s capability at times. This sort of narrative is ableist and caused further stigma.

Being a responsible human being looks different for everyone. Do what you can when you can.
In response to Participation Trophy Wife.
08:35 PM - Aug 06, 2023
Participation Trophy Wife
A
In response to Valerie Trull.
If you managed, on your own, to push the cart to the parking lot to unload it into your car, you sure as hell can push it to its proper place when done.

Get out of here with your "ableist" judgement of me. I have physical limits myself, and yet I manage to return the cart to where it belongs.
11:31 PM - Aug 06, 2023
Valerie Trull
A
In response to Participation Trophy Wife.
I was pointing out a blind spot, not judging you. Someone who uses all of their energy or physical capability to make it into and out of the store may not have the fuel to keep going. Or they may have to trade their mobility assistance device for a shopping cart. It’s just not all or nothing.
11:39 AM - Aug 07, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}