Kevin Reilly
A
I've said it once and I'll say it again, we need age limits not term limits in Congress.

I originally said 70 but I think 68 is a better number. You may serve past 68 but only if you were elected prior to turning 68. You can't run for federal office after turning 68. It's time.
NewsBot News from the Internet @NewsBot
U.S. Sen. Dianne Feinstein, the oldest member of Congress, fell in her home and was briefly hospitalized Tuesday, her office said. A spokesman says she has returned home.

The 90-year-old California Democrat has faced mounting concerns about her health. #AP
11:45 AM - Aug 09, 2023
12:19 PM - Aug 09, 2023
Kirk Taylor
A
In response to Kevin Reilly.
I disagree about term limits and about age limits for elected representatives. They will leave when enough voters tell them to.
Supreme Court Justices, otoh, being appointed by elected representatives should not have lifetime tenure
03:58 PM - Aug 09, 2023
Kevin Reilly
A
In response to Kirk Taylor.
Agreed, but what's the limit? 20 years? 30?

The system was set up that way so Justices would not feel beholden to any person or party. How do we change that?
04:00 PM - Aug 09, 2023
Kirk Taylor
A
In response to Kevin Reilly.
I couldn't say how many years - that decision is above my pay grade - but given what we've seen lately, I am more worried about them being beholden to greed, ideology and power, than to a political party or leader.
04:06 PM - Aug 09, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}