Rachel Poliner
A
Are any of you satisfied with your #localnews ? Desperate voter asking seriously.

Reporter told me she's lived in cities where policy gets coverage; was surprised how little that happens in Boston. So little! Have to cover policy & expose impacts to make progress. #bospoli #Democracy #news
09:23 AM - Aug 12, 2023
Dorothy P
A
In response to Rachel Poliner.
Are you talking about local TV stations? The answer to that is no, they are useless beyond sports, weather & traffic. For policy, you can tell who’s auditioning for 🦊 (WBZ is the worst). I still have a subscription to The Globe to keep up with state and local politics.
09:37 AM - Aug 12, 2023
Rachel Poliner
A
I gave up on the Globe a few times over the years, then resubscribed, despite focusing on politics over policy. But I gave up last year. Their Boston coverage is shallow, impatient, goes for clicks, seems unaware of their own racism.
Agree about tv news.
In response to Dorothy P.
11:26 AM - Aug 12, 2023
Dorothy P
A
In response to Rachel Poliner.
I’m north of Boston, and scant as the Globe’s coverage, it’s all but nonexistent here.
12:54 PM - Aug 12, 2023
Rachel Poliner
A
In response to Dorothy P.
Very true. And yet, they've given me the excuse of being a "regional newspaper" for their erratic coverage of Boston. Another weak excuse.
01:05 PM - Aug 12, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}