Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 1/5
I have been amused reading the comments on Twitter about allowing users to own part of Spoutible. Typically, before a platform like Spoutible launches, the founders raise money. For example, Spill raised over $2 million before launching. I launched Spoutible with my personal savings and donations.
08:48 AM - Aug 13, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 2/5
We can quickly raise money using VCs. I know because a few have already reached out via LinkedIn and Twitter. I don't and never wanted to go the VC route because Spoutible will become just another platform putting profits before its users. I didn't launch Spoutible to become rich.
08:53 AM - Aug 13, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 3/5
I spent the past 5 years trying to make other platforms safer, only to watch those platforms ignore their own policies. So now it's time to prove a social media platform can be viable without targeted harassment, rampant abuse, and disinformation. If we can do it, then other platforms can do it too.
09:01 AM - Aug 13, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 4/5
As for the naysayers and trolls, fuck them. They first claimed I was never going to launch the platform. Then they claimed no one would join a platform called Spoutible. When we launched, and people joined, they claimed Spoutible would be dead within a month. We continue to prove them wrong.
09:09 AM - Aug 13, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 5/5
And yes, we have a comprehensive business and marketing plan. We are in the middle of a Twitter alternative race, and we can't make everything public. The competition is watching us, and we need to be several steps ahead of the competition.
09:22 AM - Aug 13, 2023
BreHam
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
That is commitment and dedication to your product. I would never invest in something owner's are not willing to put their own money in.
08:43 PM - Aug 13, 2023
Deanna (@LadyDi) of Love Wins Movement
A
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
05:32 PM - Aug 13, 2023
Lilly
A
So they don’t have a problem with raising funds, just that it’s being raised by individuals and not by millionaires VCs?

Huh… maybe that’s why they’re in this predicament and users don’t trust them.

I say, LET THEM TALK! We’ll be laughing all the way to success! And it keeps #Spoutible trending 🤣
12:32 PM - Aug 13, 2023
L B
A
Stay your course @cbouzy . Spoutible is not in a race with any other platform. I'll be here in the rain and the sunshine.
11:30 AM - Aug 13, 2023
Amy Pearl
A
How do we buy in (with time, talent, but especially $$$)?
10:54 AM - Aug 13, 2023
Phred
A
In response to Amy Pearl.
1. Develop your profile & timeline. Add a photo and spout. Comment on the spouts of those you follow. Like and echo.
2. Put aside any spare money. I’ve counted out $100 so far in coins. Bouzy has kept us in the loop every step of the way as things roll out. This is an incredible opportunity!
12:36 PM - Aug 13, 2023
Carmen Derbedrossian
A
Can’t help but applaud your including us, I’m all for it and have been contributing since joining in Feb/03- - I appreciate the option and the right to choose. To those who are not invited to this conversation but opine anyway, I don’t give a rf what you think💥
10:43 AM - Aug 13, 2023
Amy Magnus
A
I have experience in tech transfer and am willing to donate time to tracking down sources of nondiluting funds...both state and federal.
10:03 AM - Aug 13, 2023
Bo Dybkær
A
Some people have already started "advertising" here. I ignore their offerings, but take it as a good sign.
09:53 AM - Aug 13, 2023
Hercule Poirot
A
Patience is a virtue. When you're done, you will have the best social media platform out of all of them. Spoutible has put x in the rearview mirror. Spoutible is the place for intelligent discussion, reasonable, empathetic, users who refrain from propagating hate and vitriol.
09:38 AM - Aug 13, 2023
David Bowen
A
In response to Hercule Poirot.
"When you're done ..." is not the nature of software development. There are always bugs to find and fix. There are always new features to add. Software that is not being enhanced is dead, not being used.
Yes, patience is a virtue, and we need to be patient as Spoutible's developers press onward.
11:43 AM - Aug 13, 2023
Kat Schneider
A
Have zero issues with Spoutible becoming profitable.
Have zero apprehensions that you would lose your vision of how a SM site needs to be, & Spoutible's role in creating the reality.
Grateful to be a part of the Spoutible community.
Thank you 🤗
09:27 AM - Aug 13, 2023
Josol
A
First what you have done is amazing! Second, we all have felt like it is our site all along-as we have willingly donated to help you continue to update & keep the lights on. So how is it different if we actually own a small part of it & make it our community. Who cares what they say or think?
09:08 AM - Aug 13, 2023
Phred
A
Everyone here is counting out their change to come up with $100 to buy a piece of Spoutible. I had to raid Mr. Phred’s wallet for the last few bucks.
09:06 AM - Aug 13, 2023
⚾️Dane Pereslete⚾️
A
In response to Phred.
Have you checked beneath the couch cushions?
06:49 AM - Aug 14, 2023
Cyndi Brown
A
And who is still here and going strong?
YOU ARE.
08:55 AM - Aug 13, 2023
k hola (she/her)
A
I’ve been vocally wondering about the financial aspect for a while. But also I’m totally buying in
08:50 AM - Aug 13, 2023
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}