Jess Martin
A
thread 1/9
This is the last of my truffle thread from our #TruffleHunt weekend (woo hoo says @minnie ).

So, my friend Stan (short for Stanislaw) contacted me THE NIGHT BEFORE THE TRUFFLE HUNT.

@giordana @hereforthepopcorn @noblerot @josefkonrad @sstan99 @apfel_sarah @anndraulans @joannasays @doajim @bron1us
08:13 PM - Aug 10, 2023
Jess Martin
A
thread 2/9
Stan: You're truffle hunting?
Me: Yes, a bit late for you though.
SO: He can take my place.
Me: Hell no. Liz (his wife) would never forgive him.

So we agreed to lunch.

@giordana @hereforthepopcorn @noblerot @josefkonrad @sstan99 @apfel_sarah @minnie @anndraulans @joannasays @doajim @bron1us
08:15 PM - Aug 10, 2023
Jess Martin
A
thread 3/9
Two days after our #TruffleHunt , Stan came over for lunch. I cooked mushroom risotto, with lots of butter, as my truffle had impregnated the arborio with its aroma.

@giordana @hereforthepopcorn @noblerot @josefkonrad @sstan99 @apfel_sarah @minnie @anndraulans @joannasays @doajim @bron1us
08:20 PM - Aug 10, 2023
Jess Martin
A
thread 4/9
Here is the truffle-impregnated arborio in my multi-cooker. Wish I had more mushrooms, like the wild ones (but that's another season - autumn after the rains).

08:21 PM - Aug 10, 2023
Jess Martin
A
thread 5/9
I love my multi-cooker because it has a risotto setting. So I don't have to watch over it - it's set and forget. This is me stirring it after it was cooked.

08:23 PM - Aug 10, 2023
Jess Martin
A
thread 6/9
I used pre-made, pre-grated pizza cheese so that it would blend well with the cooked risotto.

08:24 PM - Aug 10, 2023 (Edited)
Jess Martin
A
thread 7/9
Looking back now, I forgot to add some dry white wine to the mix.

Anyway, here's the outcome - creamy, cheesy mushroom risotto

08:26 PM - Aug 10, 2023
Jess Martin
A
thread 8/9
Getting the table ready for the truffle shaving (in a jar with some uncooked arborio). We also had a bottle of the Pastoralist (review from weeks back).

08:28 PM - Aug 10, 2023
Jess Martin
A
thread 9/9
SO talked too much to Stan, so by the time we sat to eat the risotto, it cooled and turned yellow. Ugh.

But there we go. Thus endeth my #truffle threads for this season LOL

08:30 PM - Aug 10, 2023
Minnie the Pooh
A
In response to Ann Draulans.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Why would you even take the time to make this?? It’s cuz you ❤️ us. @JessMartin
07:26 PM - Aug 13, 2023
Ann Draulans
A
In response to Minnie the Pooh.
😜😘
06:01 AM - Aug 14, 2023