RosieTroost
A
Could someone please explain why long covid is not a concern to many people? Recent studies show 10% to 30% of infected people develop long covid, which can affect the brain, arteries, nerves and organs possibly permanently. So why isn't this terrifying? I don't understand.
11:23 AM - Aug 13, 2023
Angela Sanchez
A
10-30% of LC sufferers isn't a large enough number for people, just like 1 million+ dead Americans isn't enough to continue mitigation efforts.

When I hear ppl dying of ❤ attacks, strokes, or pulmonary embolisms in their 30s, 40s + 50s, I think it's b/c of LC but no 1 else 👀s the connection.
In response to RosieTroost.
11:49 AM - Aug 13, 2023
RosieTroost
A
In response to Angela Sanchez.
I agree about the increased death rate, probably due to covid but nobody is connecting the dots. But seriously a 1 in 10 to 1 in 3 chance of getting a complication (LC) that could seriously ruin your whole life isn't enough to get attention? That's a HUGE number.
11:51 AM - Aug 13, 2023
Angela Sanchez
A
In response to RosieTroost.
It IS a HUGE number but to those that aren't covid conscious it isn't huge, or they believe a person's 'weak' immune system is responsible for their ☠. Anything but Covid. Smart/sane ppl think like way now so I believe it's a combo of trauma, misinformation, and distrust of govt that's responsible.
12:01 PM - Aug 13, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}