Christopher Bouzy
A
He is telling the truth about block lists being resource intensive. However, that isn't the reason why he is doing it. Users are blocking advertisers and blue checkmark accounts. The more people blocked, the less engagement.
Iz Here @Iz_Here
Wd love to hear @cbouzy on the server-cost claim. Sounds like bullshit to me. I'll bet it's 100% advertiser blocking. Also #Musk wdn't know shit about the former - it hangs on coding nuance - but wd be able to get an analysis run on the latter. As part of his "where's my ad revenue gone" quest.
04:18 AM - Aug 19, 2023
04:31 AM - Aug 19, 2023
Jasra - no DMs
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
I’ve always assumed it would come to this when we all started blocking every advertisement. Lol
04:34 AM - Aug 21, 2023
Ruff Neck
A
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
07:01 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Mary Becker
A
And people are blocking Elon in droves and he can't have that.
02:07 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Iz Here
A
Thank you for clarifying this.
11:43 AM - Aug 19, 2023
Thunderschnozzle
A
I thought block lists are only resource intensive on *Spoutible*, because other platforms don't have "Enhanced Block," where every spout in the search/explore section has to be checked against every user's block list.
What other computational resources affecting factors exists for other platforms?
10:25 AM - Aug 19, 2023
The Diva
A
I mean yeah when ads for right wing law firms advertising to sue employers WITH DEI depts and programs pop up on my feed yeah, Ima block that shit. I mean seriously, racists ads should ALWAYS be rejected BUT damn at the very least, dude needs to target them shits. Like why am I, seeing those ads?
09:50 AM - Aug 19, 2023
Emskware
A
Since there is one ad for every three Tweets in my timeline, I block every single one of them. It doesn't work, because they come back again and again. I try clicking "I don't like this ad", and it does nothing.
09:36 AM - Aug 19, 2023
Sarah Reese Jones
A
Absolutely. He’s doing what all of these greedy corporate tech lords do: divide and destroy for $.

He also, on a personal level, is just a meme lord 8 Chan troll who wants marginalized people to be open targets.
08:55 AM - Aug 19, 2023
Traffic Fails
A
I block scam ads and mute ones I am not interested in (so the advertiser doesn't have to pay for the impressions). Does this achieve what I hope it does?
07:52 AM - Aug 19, 2023
Brian Tatem
B
Before I deleted my account I absolutely blocked advertisers and those so called blue check accounts. They were all mostly horrible people saying horrible things. Why would anyone want that in their timeline? I am so glad to be gone from there.
07:48 AM - Aug 19, 2023 (Edited)
Phred
A
I block every advertiser that comes across my Twitter feed. Every one. I don’t support advertising on a platform that allows racism/hate speech.
Plus, I go into the ugly comments of the Twitter account of VP Harris and block every single blue checkmark for 15 minutes. Again to protest the hate.
07:37 AM - Aug 19, 2023
Trauma Epidemic
A
In response to Phred.
Ditto on the ads.
04:14 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Sneaky Burrito
A
In response to Phred.
I only ever visit the site on my laptop and I run an ad blocker. I do block a lot of blue checks making nasty comments and posting vaccine misinformation though.
07:27 PM - Dec 27, 2023
Alvin The Chipmunk
A
"The complete destruction of Twitter will continue until morale improves." Zelon Muskrat
07:03 AM - Aug 19, 2023
Happy Dem
A
But if he cared about ad revenue, wouldn't just a 1000 different things be better over there?
05:15 AM - Aug 19, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}