I Smoked Threads
A
I spent most of the Trump administration thinking "Why aren't people doing more." By the end, I realized no one was coming to save us so I asked myself why am I not doing more. 2024 isn't that far away and it's not going to win itself. While there's still time, ask yourself what you can do and do it
10:33 PM - Feb 20, 2023
Yvette
A
In response to I Smoked Threads.
You’re so right. ☮️💙❤️🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️🙋‍♀️
11:00 AM - May 11, 2023
Barbara Ganias
A
It’s time to step up and do something. We have to fight voter suppression because the laws they’re passing to take away your vote is the only way they win. If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves, check out www.centerforcommonground.... and volunteer..
07:02 AM - May 11, 2023
Carole Tyler
A
It was so disheartening to see so many turn from being take-no-guff Americans into low-life grifters.
07:34 PM - Feb 23, 2023
A Hayes
A
I think we're all doing at least one thing by being on spoutible/sharing/echoing. Getting this platform to succeed will provide a place for truthful information to spread at lightning speed. As we help it to grow more news outlets and politicians will join.
02:38 PM - Feb 22, 2023
James Bani
A
Thinking back upon the Trump years, It’s an interesting question. I spent most of those years learning civics, how the legal system functioned, and finding actual subject matter experts to follow. It took years of learning and feeling exhausted.

Now, I live in Australia.
07:18 AM - Feb 22, 2023
pat matsueda
A
trying
01:29 AM - Feb 22, 2023
GufiFufi
A
So happy to find you here! We've been following each other on the bird thingy for quite a while. Just joined the pod a few days ago and liking it. A lot! I joined our local Democratic committee recently and am going to work my behind off to turn our county blue!
11:43 PM - Feb 21, 2023 (Edited)
Perpetual Mystic
A
Here here! ✊
11:30 PM - Feb 21, 2023
Donnie DoWrong
B
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
10:29 PM - Feb 21, 2023
Ramona
A
I’m going to do phone banking again as usual. And if needed I’ll travel to another state to do poll work or watching as I’ve done before.
10:20 PM - Feb 21, 2023
NEMO Cookfan
A
In response to Ramona.
Sounds great! Consider following Dem candidates on all their social media, even some that don't represent your location directly. Making it clear that they have an audience helps w fundraising, media attention, all kinds of stuff - and it's FREE for you!
12:07 AM - Jul 21, 2023
NY FlyGirl
A
During the dTrumpf administration, I was shtumping for Dems in Texas, where I lived at the time. I donated and volunteered for Beto to beat Cancun Cruz. I also donated to various other campaigns like Rev. Warnock.
05:13 PM - Feb 21, 2023
NEMO Cookfan
A
In response to NY FlyGirl.
Sounds great! Consider following Dem candidates on all their social media, even some that don't represent your location directly. Making it clear that they have an audience helps w fundraising, media attention, all kinds of stuff - and it's FREE for you!
12:08 AM - Jul 21, 2023
Living The Dream
B
Hooray you are here! Cheers.
03:37 PM - Feb 21, 2023
Mark Sienko
A
I hope I'm doing it!

BTW,.. Glad I found you over here! I hope you're well! Continue to do and be good please!!
12:46 PM - Feb 21, 2023
Chelle Luna
A
Thank you for your efforts and energy. It makes a big difference at a time when so many feel hopeless.
11:38 AM - Feb 21, 2023
Al Alessi
A
I became involved with my Town and County Democratic Committee. Became Chair, then Vice-chair, now back as Chair. Built our website www.windsorcountydemocrats... using WordPress and built our listserv using Groups http://windsorcountydems.g... Always stuff to do.
11:15 AM - Feb 21, 2023
L B
B
Get involved! Don't assume someone else is going to do it...if I can do it, anyone can. I've been canvassimg since 2016 & it can be uncomfortable but I've met so many wonderful people that, just us like us, are worried. Encouraging them has been great as many want to give up & others are fired up
10:59 AM - Feb 21, 2023
Susana_Tupper
A
Folks R intimidated. They think they can’t make a difference. But, there R so many ways 2 get involved. Canvassing, postcarding, etc, but campaigns always need office folks 2 do walking packs or get snacks 4 folks, etc.

DO SOMETHING…ANYTHING!

You’ll help a candidate AND feel better!
10:55 AM - Feb 21, 2023 (Edited)
Mrs. Data Soong
B
In response to Susana_Tupper.
Nope. Cis-het whites are fine with shit because they know it won't affect them.
11:05 AM - Feb 21, 2023
NEMO Cookfan
A
In response to Susana_Tupper.
12:09 AM - Jul 21, 2023
Kat
A
Absolutely right!
10:47 AM - Feb 21, 2023
Joe Sailor
A
yep
10:31 AM - Feb 21, 2023
Elijah Morteza
A
followed you here from that other site, willing to help where I can to protect our democracy
07:08 AM - Feb 21, 2023
Keith Privette
A
What will click for folks that their vote for Rs are doing real harm to fellow people they know....

Because it's the adjacent people not really following still voting Rs.
05:17 AM - Feb 21, 2023
Ann Heideman
A
02:17 AM - Feb 21, 2023
gaicai
A
Yes! My biggest disappointment is people cheering me on for all that I do politically as a volunteer, yet nothing I say has them reaching out to help me.
12:19 AM - Feb 21, 2023
Trauma Epidemic
A
In response to gaicai.
Maybe it's what you say, how you say it--or that you say anything at all (#ReversePsychology). Or maybe it's that they're incapable--lacking skills, knowledge, experience, or confidence. Good intentions often benefit from repeated course corrections. Thanks for your efforts!
11:19 AM - Feb 21, 2023
April Miller
A
It is far too easy to convince oneself that others will do the work. We cannot be complacent. I live in AZ and this last election both created hope and fear. We were a hair's breadth away from Kari Lake as governor & we got Tom Horne as Ed Secretary, which is a disaster for public schools.
12:09 AM - Feb 21, 2023 (Edited)
Salma Typhii
A
In response to April Miller.
I'm in AZ too and yeah that was WAY too close. I got to do some cool stuff with AZ Advocacy Network (rolled into AZ Center for Law in the Public Interest) on voter access by collecting reports of poll issues if you want to check them out
https://aclpi.org/
12:16 AM - Feb 21, 2023
Franny Wahinehae
A
In response to April Miller.
I volunteer with NE AZ Native Democrats. CA♥️AZ
11:21 AM - Jan 19, 2024
Paul Loop
A
Joining a local Democratic Party group, any group that gives a damn, is helpful to the soul and the cause.
12:05 AM - Feb 21, 2023
Ground Control
A
I ask that one myself every day. Watching too many on our side fall into outrage/despair addiction makes me ask it harder.
11:47 PM - Feb 20, 2023
Michael Shelton
A
I did exactly that in 2020. I knew I had to get involved more so than post memes. I supported a few candidates early, but settled on Pete Buttigieg. His campaign eventually offered an opportunity to be one of his delegates for AL. I was on the ballot in my district. Voted Biden though for team win.
11:26 PM - Feb 20, 2023 (Edited)
Danuta Seaside
A
Pretty much same here in Australia. Spending too much time being furious about totally Murdoch corrupted politics & incompetent government. Got off my butt & supported community independents that booted out a a whole swathe of right wing do-nothing conservatives in well-to-do electorates. Yay!
11:12 PM - Feb 20, 2023
maya breeze
A
In response to Danuta Seaside.
isn’t voting compulsory in australia? if so, that means who gets elected is about the message, right? from here that sounds so good!!
good day.
09:28 AM - Feb 21, 2023
Veronica
A
https://spoutible.com/thre... There’s an election in Wisconsin tomorrow! ⬇️💚
11:04 PM - Feb 20, 2023
Julie Jackson-Forsberg
A
I'm running for local (county) office. Living in BK and other liberal cities for the last 3 decades, I became somewhat complacent. I didn't need to be *involved*. I will be involved in every election at every level now that I'm living in a rural, conservative NY county.
10:45 PM - Feb 20, 2023
Nancy D
A
In response to Julie Jackson-Forsberg.
@juliejf Good luck! That’s awesome!!
12:58 AM - Feb 21, 2023
Karen Shoffner
A
In response to Julie Jackson-Forsberg.
Best of luck to you!
09:05 AM - Feb 21, 2023
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}