Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 1/3
My prediction was spot on, but the past month also revealed something else. Even with 100 million users and high-profile accounts posting daily, engagement quickly plummeted. Why? What happened? It's clear the missing ingredient is a dedicated and loyal community. That is how we take the crown. 👑
Christopher Bouzy @cbouzy
All of these people touting Threads greatness were already on Instagram. At some point, they will have to bring in new users, and it's a hard sell to get someone new to install two apps. There will be a large segment of users that will never join Threads and no longer want to be on Twitter.
04:44 PM - Jul 08, 2023
03:41 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 2/3
So the assumption that we need more news outlets or high-profile people to compete is false. Threads proved that for us. What we need is more users who had enough of the targeted harassment, abuse, and disinformation. More users who are seeking something safer and believe in what we are building.
03:47 PM - Aug 19, 2023 (Edited)
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 3/3
Yesterday, only four Twitter alternatives were trending. Threads, Bluesky, Spoutible, and Mastodon. So although journalists might be ignoring us now, it's obvious the people who matter aren't. Let the journalists focus on the Goliaths while we build something special that will have longevity.
03:56 PM - Aug 19, 2023
L Geisenest
A
We’re still building the foundation. I definitely want more newsy + academic + scientific folk, but recognize this is time to build. I’d rather a good culture be built up beforehand, lest it just be yet another offshoot of Twitter or even msnbc. Let Spoutible become its own kind of destination l.
In response to Shmarya Rosenberg.
07:56 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Shmarya Rosenberg
A
In response to L Geisenest.
People won’t wait for that. Most of my followers are never on Twitter anymore and they’re not active here or on Threads. Some are on Mastadon, which is clumsy to use. Others on BlueSky. But most just walked away and will never come back. They’re in Telegram & WhatsApp groups or offline altogether.
08:01 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Paulette Hawkins
A
I'm sorry, but you're wrong. Just in the past 2 months I've read breaking news here on Spoutible 1st.
I follow several journalists here and most have been here from the beginning. Several opened accts early, didn't post much, but have now started to regularly.
08:18 PM - Aug 19, 2023
L Geisenest
A
True, lots of people won’t. But later, when more solid, some will return (some already are). Those that don’t? 🤷🏽‍♀️ Enough will.

As parent, I’m not dealing w/ just the now w/ my kids, but building towards solid adulthood. Rome wasn’t built in a day. Neither was Twitter; nor will Spoutible be.
08:25 PM - Aug 19, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}