Andrea Jones
A
Wendell Pierce has an important warning for Maui survivors. There’s more over on X, but this is a good start:
09:57 AM - Aug 20, 2023 (Edited)
Friends of Pine Ridge Reservation
A
In response to Andrea Jones.
Thanks for posting this Andrea.
11:33 PM - Aug 20, 2023
Waaa Hoo
A
My experience as a contractor after hurricane Sandy. I purposely did not take on any of the 1st wave of work because in my opinion people were way too optimistic about how much they were going to get from insurance companies and acting like they had blank checks in hand. This turned out to be true.
07:28 PM - Aug 20, 2023
Waaa Hoo
A
In response to Waaa Hoo.
The Servpro, ServiceMaster type companies came in quickly and got BIG checks to basically protect the insurance companies by limiting any further damage. After that money dried up quickly. Out of state contractors came in at the same time taking checks from people and then disappearing.
07:33 PM - Aug 20, 2023
Andrea Jones
A
In response to Waaa Hoo.
It’s ridiculous that insurance companies are allowed to function as they do 🤬
08:19 PM - Aug 20, 2023
Mindy!!!
A
I love Wendell Pierce so much. Always an amazing actor and activist. Always fighting for the community.
05:09 PM - Aug 20, 2023
L Geisenest
A
This is incredibly useful info — sadly timely for Maui yet important for rest of us to know as our time (for many) May come.

W/o a Tw acct, I am not able to access anymore - would it be poss to spout more?
10:04 AM - Aug 20, 2023
Andrea Jones
A
In response to L Geisenest.
Here’s the rest of Wendell Pierce’s thread (minus the replies to him).

With climate change, more of us are going to face this.
10:16 AM - Aug 20, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}