Andrea Junker
A
Am I the only one who doesn’t understand why Al Franken had to resign for a joke photo he took years before he was a senator, but elected officials who participated in or encouraged an armed insurrection to overthrow our democracy are allowed to stay in government?
04:00 PM - Aug 22, 2023
Marian Moore
A
In response to Andrea Junker.
Sadly, at the time, Democrats were anxious to appear as free from controversy as possible. The higher-ups were terrified of any comparisons to any aspect of Trump’s misogyny. Trump has descended so far into the pit now that Al’s episode looks like a schoolyard prank. He should be in Congress.
03:13 PM - Mar 17, 2024
Vanessa White
B
Because the Dems are passive and weak. They have been for years.
07:16 AM - Mar 15, 2024
Nancy Petts
A
I've wondered about this for years. I still don't understand why Al gave up so quickly. Hope he runs again.
12:54 PM - Jan 11, 2024
Daz DCy
A
I wonder that almost every day.
08:39 PM - Sep 09, 2023
Katie E
A
Nope you aren't the only one.
12:20 PM - Sep 09, 2023
Sharon Oates
A
I am curious about this also. 🤔
07:51 PM - Aug 23, 2023
1984 ɪꜱ ɴᴏᴛ ꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ
A
No, it was absolutely ridiculous. This woman was humping servicemen on stage and yet pretended to be horrified about a harmless joke in order to push a political witchhunt. It never passed the smell test
12:25 AM - Aug 23, 2023
FalconWarthog 96
B
There was no fight left in him and the Dems sat by and let him be scapegoated.
05:07 PM - Aug 22, 2023 (Edited)
Carl Angoli
A
I am kind of in the same boat but I think it has something to do with fearing Trump Say Something Mean About Them (and the likely attendant death threats) than other consequences
04:39 PM - Aug 22, 2023
Mr. Higgins Totally not an alien in a skin suit
A
very simple....
04:18 PM - Aug 22, 2023
JayGo VOTE BLUE
A
No, you are not.
04:14 PM - Aug 22, 2023
Giordana
A
As an Australian looking in from the outside, I find it incomprehensible that TFG is not in jail awaiting all his criminal trials for being the instigator of that insurrection, and is still running for president. It makes America look like a total freak show to me: It's reality TV gone wild. #WTF
04:10 PM - Aug 22, 2023
Karencaseysmith
A
In response to Giordana.
It is a freak show. It feels insane that his behavior has been normalized, and so quickly. The people most manipulated still can't see through to the ones pulling their strings.
04:37 PM - Aug 23, 2023
Katie Kadwell
A
Holding your hand inches away from a sleeping woman’s breasts for a joke isn’t funny. I hold those who care about such things (Democrats) to a higher standard than those who don’t (Republicans) 🤷🏻‍♀️
04:04 PM - Aug 22, 2023
just alex
A
In response to Katie Kadwell.
Thank you. Ita. Also, he groped at least 7 other women per Jane Mayer New Yorker article.

Probably why he didn’t wait for that “ethics investigation.”
😒
05:57 PM - Dec 01, 2023
glinyx
A
Well, it is one of the ways that fascism gains power.

Absolutely freaking the hell out over minor things to remove competition, while sweeping their exponentially more vile crimes under the rug.

Or acting as though their much worse crimes are no big deal.
04:04 PM - Aug 22, 2023
AintLifeGrand
A
Nope, you're not
04:02 PM - Aug 22, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}