Scott Johnson
A
Echo if you agree that you're glad you didn't put a lot of time and effort into figuring out the Mastodon site.
#Spoutible is the number one bird site alternative!
10:03 AM - Feb 22, 2023
PunaGreen
A
In response to Scott Johnson.
I never found any of my favs. Apparently we were all on different servers. However I never bothered to figure that out. I just waited for spoutable.
08:36 PM - Mar 29, 2024
Nora Nanza
A
Mastodon lost me after 2 days. Way too complicated.
08:34 PM - Mar 29, 2024
Just Judith'n'ALF #VotedYes
A
I tried for a while because people I respect went there, but they were scattered over different sub sites ... more troublesome for me was the very inconsistent moderating.
life's too short ...
05:07 AM - Mar 01, 2024
Arthur Grupp
A
Yes! It was like a maze of openings never leading to admittance. Layers n layers of groups.
10:25 AM - Feb 07, 2024
Dianne Davis
A
What a dumb situation over there at Mastodon.
Threads is incredibly annoying.
My request to “be invited’ at BlueSky hasn’t been accepted because they are like the private country club that most people aren;’t allowed to be part of.
Bluesky is an insulated clique
12:01 PM - Oct 11, 2023
Dianne Davis
A
In response to Dianne Davis.
You said a mouthful. All true.
03:08 PM - Jan 21, 2024
Donna Jones
B
Absolutely! What a hot mess.

I use Post because it has easy features to find news.

I love Spoutible. Thanks Bouzy!
12:48 PM - Aug 31, 2023
Edward Coyle
A
I tried for a bit but it just seemed too far from what I wanted.
08:53 PM - Aug 14, 2023
Marisa Ward
A
I don't necessarily consider myself a Luddite when it comes to computers & websites, but Mastodon had me reconsidering that stance. I've rarely been as frustrated as I was trying to figure it out. I gave up after a couple of hours. Spoutible is better all the way around, and so much more pleasant.
12:34 AM - Jul 20, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
01:10 AM - Apr 06, 2023
Diana Raabe
A
No question! #Spoutible
10:06 AM - Mar 01, 2023
Carolyn
A
I signed up and then was WTH? I gave up. Same with Post and Counter Social. This is so much better!
09:50 AM - Mar 01, 2023
Christopher Fuller
A
I remember on Twitter people started describing Mastodon with "all you need to do is" — and I was like, "um, no."
09:49 AM - Mar 01, 2023
Kalind
A
While I do have a presence on Mastodon, it’s not my top priority over there. I had a feeling they would remain niche due to how decentralized and complicated it is. Spoutible is at least simple and effective to use
09:18 AM - Mar 01, 2023
Cre8ve2
A
Same with POST
06:38 AM - Feb 28, 2023
Marsha Shaiman
A
Didn't take very long to figure it out. I'm there, here, bird site, and a couple other places.
05:05 PM - Feb 22, 2023
Mlb Anx
A
Very glad that I waited to spout!
04:56 PM - Feb 22, 2023
Blue Slate
A
This was the Counter Social page when I signed up in Oct. I thought it looked like the Bloomberg stock trading app & would never catch on. They now have a single column view. I was also criticized for saying Mastodon's "pick a server" was too much of an obstacle. Obviously, I stand by my comments.
04:14 PM - Feb 22, 2023
Scott Johnson
A
In response to Blue Slate.
Agreed, all of that friction and learning curve means a lot of people won't bother.
04:46 PM - Feb 22, 2023
The Reluctant Townie
A
In response to Blue Slate.
Oh my gosh, your right, it's a Bloomberg Terminal.
05:51 PM - Sep 06, 2023
Evil Bee
A
The 'verse is the 'verse, I love it but don't see it as an alternative to Twitter - more of a place I can go chill with lots of queer/trans ppl and not have silly people come get angry at us for existing.
04:00 PM - Feb 22, 2023
Jo Ellen Claus
A
I read about Mastodon and decided not to even bother. I don't want to have to work to use social media. I did sign up for Post but only used it 2 or 3 times before deciding I didn't like it. I was so anxious for Spoutible & think it's fantastic!
03:56 PM - Feb 22, 2023
Whoa!
A
I'm still on Mastodon and am going to continue to use it. I like them both. They actually have some similarities, such as no algorithm that drives engagement. Despite that, I find myself getting quite a bit of engagement over there.
03:53 PM - Feb 22, 2023
Thomas Dukes
A
I still haven’t figured out Mastadon’s navigation techniques, but they have several good writers who haven’t shown up here. Spoutible is far more intuitive.
02:30 PM - Feb 22, 2023
Karl S the Typo King
A
I logged into Mastodon once. Once.
11:40 AM - Feb 22, 2023
Scott Johnson
A
In response to Karl S the Typo King.
Same here. I started reading stuff like "you can sign up on this server, but you can also communicate with people on other servers, etc etc" and my eyes started to glaze over.
Spoutible's big advantage is the zero learning curve.
12:31 PM - Feb 22, 2023
Cowgirl TN
A
I looked at it for a few minutes and decided it wasn’t for me.
11:33 AM - Feb 22, 2023
Jean Poole
A
I agree that Mastodon poses some difficulties with navigation, but there are several news outlets/journalists not currently on Spoutible. I hope some of them decide to set up accounts here in the near future.
10:48 AM - Feb 22, 2023
Scott Johnson
A
In response to Jean Poole.
I expect that the sheer popularity of Spoutible over Mastodon will require them to do so.
12:30 PM - Feb 22, 2023
The Reluctant Townie
A
In response to Jean Poole.
I think social media has fractured. No one thing will satisfy all desires or be the source of all you want to see. For my money Spoutible was intuitive and feature rich when I arrived. It'll keep getting better. There will be folks I valued hearing from who go to Bluesky. Just the nature of it.
05:55 PM - Sep 06, 2023
Ground Control
A
All the ugly reports I got about Mastodon from @PalmerReport (shameless plug: give them a follow!) dissuaded me from even bothering. A few bumps aside, Spoutible has been great!
10:38 AM - Feb 22, 2023
Greg Dickson
A
I left Mastadon within the first hour
10:31 AM - Feb 22, 2023
PlotterDepot
A
um... too late. I spent a lot of time trying to navigate & enjoy Mastodon. Spoutible is more engaging & easier to navigate.
10:22 AM - Feb 22, 2023
GWP
A
10:21 AM - Feb 22, 2023
MeiMei
A
I was one of those who decided to wait patiently when @cbouzy announced his idea to create this site. 😊🐳
ps: in all those polls I didn’t always get what I voted for. It didn’t make me scream I didn’t get what I want, grab my toys and go home. Nor did I whine about it at the bad place.
10:15 AM - Feb 22, 2023
Dana Mintzer Leman
A
In response to MeiMei.
Me, too. I waited.
10:41 AM - Feb 22, 2023
just alex
A
In response to MeiMei.
I didn’t have bird app (followed/read various accounts via Nitter). When Musk started ruining things, I sought a place to get news, so tried Mastodon.

Imho not a spot for the marginalized.
Met & interacted w/cool activists.
But it’s not the paradise it’s “privileged” users like to say it is.
03:50 PM - Feb 22, 2023 (Edited)
Pam Sourelis
A
I love Mastodon. Why does it have to be an either/or?
10:15 AM - Feb 22, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}