Steve Marmel
A
i don't think there's a shot in hell of this happening unless there's a blue tidal wave in 2024 and Biden gets a second term.

people smarter than me: what are the pros and cons of such a leap in minimum assuming it could get past sinema and manchin and there were no filibuster issues?
Tyreek Hill @FreeHousing
@Marmel $30/hr should be the national minimum wage. If we go to congress and force the GOPs hand we can get it done. In order to make it right now a person must be working at a job making $30/hr any job not making that is a waste of time🤷🏿‍♂️ Who agrees with me? #think about it
08:26 PM - Aug 30, 2023
12:14 PM - Sep 01, 2023
Roben Wrampe
A
In response to Steve Marmel.
I’m by no means smarter than you 😉 but in the last thirty years I’ve been around business one thing hasn’t changed. More often than not, people want to eat filets and pay water money for them. Until that tide turns, a living wage in this country won’t be possible.
12:31 PM - Sep 01, 2023
TL. Darby
A
Broad-brushing all citizens is also not the answer. In any civil society, there will always be those who co-opt programs and services. Starting with a liveable wage and moving onto a UBI/BI with appropriate excess profit tax on corporations who use tax cuts for stock buybacks and investors will get
In response to Roben Wrampe.
01:23 PM - Sep 01, 2023
Roben Wrampe
A
In response to TL. Darby.
I didn’t say all or even most; here in Iowa it’s true, and was also true in my online sales as well. UBI is a tough sell, as is raising the minimum wage - and it’s all because of perception problems. It had nothing to do with the merits of either, or even actual facts.
02:07 PM - Sep 01, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}