Steven Beschloss
A
Biden’s support for McConnell “has led me to reflect on the value of a leader who chose to model kindness at a political opponent’s moment of weakness… Biden’s grace note is reason for pause.”
https://america.substack.c...
07:04 PM - Sep 02, 2023
Pete Johnston
A
In response to Steven Beschloss.
Good people don't lower their own standards because others stoop lower. Keep the standards you believe in.
09:04 PM - Feb 09, 2024
Bethany Williamson
B
Kindness towards a man who has never offered any kindness to anyone. THATS a leader.
11:15 AM - Sep 05, 2023
scribblegurl
A
I think Biden has compassion, and all of us could do with a reminder that part of being a decent person is being able to separate competition from humanity.
03:04 AM - Sep 04, 2023
Yogi Thomas
B
We must stop this Democratic Party gentle politics of bullsh*t and fight. Republicans, especially the scumbag Mitch McConnell, have literally taken racist steps to destroy democracy in support of white extremism at every level in the U.S.

Why did Biden keep Trump’s FBI director, Christopher Wray?
05:21 PM - Sep 03, 2023
LaJuan Woodland
A
I agree. It's one of those "content of their character" moments that MLK talked about. Our President Joe Biden is a clear example.
01:27 AM - Sep 03, 2023
Caryl D
A
the Republican Senators and Joe Manchin can all follow McConnell back to the corner of hell he came from

My President is Joe Biden!🇺🇸
10:43 PM - Sep 02, 2023
citizenxoxo
A
Thank you for posting this here. Big fan.
10:04 PM - Sep 02, 2023
Deb
A
I dislike McConnell and the enormous damage he has done to this country but still admire Biden for being kind. We need a lot more kind.
09:58 PM - Sep 02, 2023
Heather Crowell
A
That is the kind of person he is. True morality. He has always been the type that even if you don’t agree politically, the person on the other side is human and deserves to be treated with dignity and respect.
09:56 PM - Sep 02, 2023
Eleanor
A
Here’s an apt lone from Searching for Bobby Fischer:
08:51 PM - Sep 02, 2023
Bonnie Ivanish
A
There are times when choosing to act with grace & offering empathy are far more effective leadership traits than gloating with schadenfreude toward an opponent. Biden's approach demonstrates the much-preferred, powerful discipline of "class over crass," a higher level to which we should all aspire.
07:47 PM - Sep 02, 2023
Eleanor
A
In response to Bonnie Ivanish.
Make that always. Gloating is a sign of weak leadership.
08:53 PM - Sep 02, 2023
A Hayes
A
Magas will interpret it as weakness, but decent people (the majority of America) will recognize it as a gracious response to another human being's suffering.
07:44 PM - Sep 02, 2023
ML Hart
A
Joe Biden's experience + compassion = exactly the President we needed, at this time in our history.
I couldn't be more grateful for his leadership.
07:22 PM - Sep 02, 2023
StephForJustice
A
In response to ML Hart.
I agree 100%
07:43 PM - Sep 02, 2023
Carol Nelson
A
Biden demonstrates responsible leadership.
07:06 PM - Sep 02, 2023 (Edited)

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}