Theatreof Phillip
A
This video is about Mushaq Mushtaq Deen's play The Betterment Society, which I actually think maps onto the right/conservative, liberal, leftist political schema in US #Politics . #theatre
Mushaq Mushtaq Deen's The Betterment Society - YouTube

*Warning: This video contains discussions of self harm*If you are considering suicide or another form of self harm, please call the (US) National Suicide Pre...

10:35 AM - Aug 27, 2023
Steven Aufrecht
A
In response to Theatreof Phillip.
Your theater is some of the most intellectually interesting content I’ve seen on Spoutible. But my 300 characters aren’t enough to adequately respond here. I’ve got 3 basic issues with how you deal with the play. 1. You take a play from a different culture and immediately force a US parallel,
11:30 PM - Sep 03, 2023
Steven Aufrecht
A
In response to Steven Aufrecht.
(I could be wrong about the different culture. I was going by the name, but looking him up they seem to live in the West so not sure where this mountain is and what culture its about.) …rather than in its own cultural context. So it seems a bit ethnocentric to turn it into a US political map
11:42 PM - Sep 03, 2023
Theatreof Phillip
A
I definitely appreciate your critiques. Sometimes I do draw Western parallels for non-Western texts, with the goal being that my audience (whom I assume is largely Western) has a frame of reference. And yes, I'm aware that there are issues with this approach.
In response to Steven Aufrecht.
09:51 AM - Sep 04, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}