Mimi Wells
A
Floridian here. We hate this shit.
Andrea Jones @Andrea0123
Florida is approving the Classical Learning Test as a competitor to the SAT. It emphasizes Western canon and Christian thought.

Florida is turning into Gilead 😳.

Gift link:
09:29 PM - Sep 06, 2023
09:51 PM - Sep 06, 2023
Jim Plunkett
A
In response to Mimi Wells.
Glad to hear it, but I certainly won't be hiring anyone "educated" in Florida's "system", and I don't think I'm the only one
10:37 PM - Sep 06, 2023
Mimi Wells
A
I’m a public school teacher in Florida. Try not to dismiss all of our work because our governor is an asshole. Plenty of kids are being taught well—why else is DeSantis going to war against us?— and don’t deserve wholesale rejection.
In response to Jim Plunkett.
12:23 PM - Sep 07, 2023
Jim Plunkett
A
I appreciate your work, *esp* against such a rotting tide

But how should I read it when an applicant says "I got great results on this FL test", when I know science curricula has been gutted, and the test is BS?

Already I see (via relatives in TX) too much creationist BS in red-state schools
04:53 PM - Sep 07, 2023
Mimi Wells
A
In response to Jim Plunkett.
The test they’re talking about is for prospective college admissions. The students in question would still have to pass their coursework. As any public school teacher could tell you, one test is never a determinant of anything meaningful over the long haul.
05:23 PM - Sep 07, 2023
Steven Aufrecht
A
Got a teacher who made your lıfe better? Let them know. https://whatdoino-steve.bl...
04:16 PM - Sep 07, 2023
Rnsilverlake
A
There are plenty of us who support you and your efforts! Stay strong and supporting from the west coast.
01:57 PM - Sep 07, 2023
Inda Stagg
A
Mimi. I live in Florida as well. I see you and the other teachers fighting hard for our children. Thank you! Keep up the good fight in the schools. I, and many many others, will continue to keep up the fight to get out the vote in 2024. I am optimistic.
01:22 PM - Sep 07, 2023
Mimi Wells
A
In response to Inda Stagg.
Appreciate it! Make sure you and yours ensure that no more of those M4L ghouls win school board seats. The local politics are having dire and direct effects on all of us.
05:21 PM - Sep 07, 2023
Jeff Russell
A
I have the utmost respect for teachers. IMHO they are way underpaid and not appreciated enough.
01:08 PM - Sep 07, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}