MEAction NOW
A
thread 1/3
🚨⭕🚨
ACTION REQUIRED

It appears the CDC is hoping to stop its wastewater surveillance of SARS-CoV-2. This is unacceptable! Please write a comment urging the CDC to continue #Covid19 wastewater surveillance.

⭕⚠️🙏🏼⭕

https://www.regulations.go...

Plz ECHO + Like
02:34 PM - Sep 07, 2023 (Edited)
MEAction NOW
A
thread 2/3
I've been relying on waste water data for covid19 - it allows me to pick the best times to book appointments, plan in-person interactions etc. As someone who is immunocompromised and will family members in a similar situation it will be devastating to lose access to this vital information tool.
Ctd
04:25 PM - Sep 07, 2023
MEAction NOW
A
thread 3/3
Yes, covid19 is endemic, but it still continues to be a level 3 biohazard and I'd like for the CDC to continue tracking and reporting wastewater data for covid19 and it's variants.
04:26 PM - Sep 07, 2023
Reginald Capers
A
In response to MEAction NOW.
I want to leave a comment to continue the research but don't see where I can leave a comment on the website.

Also, how does that waste water report provide me with any additional information about COVID-19 that I already don't hear now on the local news about the current spike in hospitalizations?
07:20 AM - Sep 27, 2023
MEAction NOW
A
In response to Reginald Capers.
Comment window is now shut.

The wastewater data gives you an idea of approx how many people are currently covid19 +ve in the area. That allows people to determine if they would like to start masking up etc.
Hospitalization numbers are usually two weeks behind + don't give total # ppl +ve.
09:58 AM - Sep 27, 2023
Kari Samuels
A
They're doing everything they can to prevent us from preventing covid aren't they?
04:00 AM - Sep 17, 2023
Susan Buzzell
A
In response to Kari Samuels.
Every damn thing. 🤬
07:19 PM - Sep 27, 2023
Felisa We got more emojis?
A
CDC, wastewater surveillance is sometimes the only resource we have to get information on Covid-19 increases & wanes. CDC should know by now that local and state and national counts are unreliable because of the states that refuse to report cases. Please reconsider.
09:44 PM - Sep 08, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}