Khrissy Choate
A
thread 1/4
My problem with many who claim to be progressive is that they spend time harping on President Biden’s age and claiming he’s done nothing. I’ve seen many threatening not to vote for President Biden because he hasn’t done x. (Cont.)
Grant AF @GrantAF
I need an explainer here. What does it mean to folks when I say I'm a progressive when it comes to politics? Why the hate for progressives here on Spoutible? Another post today from a popular page calling out "progressives" for swarmy online actions. That type of divisiveness is why I left twitter.
02:11 PM - Sep 08, 2023
05:06 PM - Sep 08, 2023
Khrissy Choate
A
thread 2/4
What they don’t seem to get is that not voting is opening the door a little wider even as fascism is trying to beat it down. Further, what they don’t get is that should fascism take root here millions will suffer. Non white, LGBTQ, poor, and disabled Americans will suffer most of all. (Cont.)
05:11 PM - Sep 08, 2023
Khrissy Choate
A
thread 3/4
What many progressives need to remember is that it isn’t enough to claim to be an ally if you don’t vote like one. The goal here should be to stop fascism in its tracks. They need to understand what is truly at stake and that they don’t presently have the luxury of voting for a perfect (Cont.)
05:16 PM - Sep 08, 2023
Khrissy Choate
A
thread 4/4
Candidate that checks every box that matters to them because it’s not just about them. It’s about whether we continue to have democracy or not.
05:18 PM - Sep 08, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}