Christopher Bouzy
A
There are a lot of things you can mock Lindsey Graham for, but his sexuality isn't one of them. Do better.
09:02 AM - Sep 09, 2023
Kathleen Kern
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
Same is true for Trump. Not okay to mock dementia or wearing adult diapers, when the racism, cruelty and criminality is right there.
08:11 AM - Apr 22, 2024
Courtney Kimmelman
A
I only mock him because he acts just like Waylon Smithers Jr on the Simpsons when it comes to being an toady to the Transphobic Criminal Douche.
10:05 AM - Apr 01, 2024
Carmen Derbedrossian
A
All of that +
🔺a two faced friend
🔺an irrelevant person
🔺petulant
🔺only person I know was not invited to a funeral
🔺untrustworthy
12:18 AM - Sep 10, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
Same should go for using sexual slurs/sl*t shaming at Republican women, and calls to deport Republicans who were born outside the US/revoke their citizenship.

Bigotry is bigotry. Doesn't matter who the target is. Condemn them for their fascism and cruelty, not the identities they were born with.
11:21 PM - Sep 09, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
Yup.

To which I'll add- he's not even going to see it. Who will see it is LGBTQIA2S+ folks who will, once again, see their identity being used as an insult and a joke.
11:11 PM - Sep 09, 2023 (Edited)
Rob E
A
PERIOD!!!!!
08:52 PM - Sep 09, 2023
Captain Renault
A
Thanks, Boss.
03:58 PM - Sep 09, 2023
PS Annie
A
💯 this.
01:29 PM - Sep 09, 2023
DB Gives
A
Agree. We're better than that.
11:49 AM - Sep 09, 2023
AintLifeGrand
A
Literally a bevy of other things
11:43 AM - Sep 09, 2023
AprilG Xn+2 = Xn+1 + Xn
A
It's never ok to mock anyone for their sexuality. Sexuality is not a choice and it's literally no ones business but the individual. The only reason someone mocks someone for this is because they BELIEVE it's bad. Once you know better, do better people.
11:30 AM - Sep 09, 2023
Clarke
A
In response to AprilG Xn+2 = Xn+1 + Xn.
Or they do it because they are not bright enough to say something witty about the real faults
02:36 PM - Sep 09, 2023
Bethany Williamson
B
Bottom line, does anyone even know what his sexuality is? It’s all guesswork and mockery at this point. Let’s focus on his crimes and willingness to put Trump above our country and the law.
11:02 AM - Sep 09, 2023
Scott Nolan
A
Agreed. But mocking him for his hypocrisy is definitely on the table.
11:00 AM - Sep 09, 2023
Simon Sands
A
Love it!
10:33 AM - Sep 09, 2023
Amy Magnus
A
exactly...we simply don't know his experience
10:21 AM - Sep 09, 2023

Only followers of this user (MaryPocrnic) can see their posts

Misha Van Mollusq
A
Can we mock him for being a collaborationist and a traitor to all souls everywhere?
09:46 AM - Sep 09, 2023
The Wendy Lady
A
In response to Misha Van Mollusq.
11:36 AM - Sep 09, 2023
Shockratees
A
It’s logically as well as morally inept. His conduct would be just as repugnant if done by a heterosexual man. Deflecting responsibility to his closeted orientation weakens any criticism. Why would ppl want to weaken their own criticism of Graham?
09:43 AM - Sep 09, 2023
Trish
A
In response to Shockratees.
You’re still not getting it. You just brought your perception of his sexual orientation into the conversation. And in a way that reflects negatively on the LGBTQIA+ community. Why can’t his many flaws be discussed without bringing sexuality into it?
10:02 AM - Sep 09, 2023
ecsbrooklyn
A
Graham's political behavior and actions are usually reprehensible. His sexuality isn't relevant.
09:37 AM - Sep 09, 2023
BTSdaily7 (sporadic;)
A
There is no But.
Call him out in his hypocrisy is totally different from mocking him which in turn nudge nudge wink wink inadvertently mocks the LGBTQI+ community.
Didn’t we stop outing people decades ago?
Do better seconded.
09:34 AM - Sep 09, 2023
Sara ConsoliverErnst
B
True but mocking him for his hypocrisy should not be off limits. He has never been friendly the the LGBTQ community.
09:27 AM - Sep 09, 2023
The Wendy Lady
A
In response to Sara ConsoliverErnst.
Lindsey isn’t going to see your spouts, a member of the LGBTQIA+ community will. So let me ask you, who are you hurting?
09:33 AM - Sep 09, 2023
Trauma Epidemic
A
As to the intent: agreed, and thanks.

Side note: an authoritarian framing is a (subtle, non-obvious, psychological) double-edged sword (particularly so for a person in a position of power) and potentially triggering/re-traumatizing.

Related:
09:24 AM - Sep 09, 2023
Cynthia Williams
A
I'm not mocking Lindsey's sexuality, but I lived in SC for 5 yrs. I interfaced with many of its state leaders. There was a whispered *secret* among the leaders that Lindsey had been caught wearing his mother's clothes. I tweeted a q about this to Lindsey on Twitter. He didn't block or mute me.🧐
09:23 AM - Sep 09, 2023
Jonathan Meyers
A
Agreed. BUT if blackmail related to his sexuality or sexual conduct are the reason for his sudden shift from being vocally anti-trump to being completely subservient to trump, that should be scrutinized and publicized (though it has not).
09:20 AM - Sep 09, 2023
Max Prophet
A
In response to Jonathan Meyers.
I'm certain that it was blackmail which caused the shift. That is Trump's style and people I've known in the south his age or older were still in the closet. But then I've also known open log cabin Republicans and they were choosing their wealth over social values.
03:31 PM - Sep 09, 2023

Only followers of this user (Myles_Away) can see their posts

Resist Fascism
B
How about his hypocrisy and stand against LGBTQ rights?
09:09 AM - Sep 09, 2023
Katie E
A
Or his age. Ageism stinks.
09:07 AM - Sep 09, 2023
Liz N Is Tired of the Nonsense
A
THANK YOU
09:06 AM - Sep 09, 2023
Susan Simon
A
Mocking his sexuality harms others for theirs. C’mon folks, we’ve been over this s%*t.
09:04 AM - Sep 09, 2023

Only followers of this user (FruitFacedFruitKace) can see their posts

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}